MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/13/2008 11:38 AM

Ok...unrelated question/sexual health...

mallory8830
mallory8830Posts: 5

Ok...I don't want to freak anyone out with this question but I need answers...I have no insurance and no money to go to a doctor about this...My Fiance and I have been having frequent sex for a year and a half now....I haven't gotten pregnant or had a period this entire time...Can anyone tell me what is wrong with me? Could one of us be steril? How can I find this out? Other than this I am fairly healthy. I have no idea why I can't get pregant and why I am not having a period...

11/13/2008 11:52 AM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

My hubby and I have been having sex with no protection and I havent gotten pregnant either, its been like 2 yrs we've been sexually active. It makes me a lil nervous too. There may be nothing wrong with either of u. Im puzzled too with our situation, but I just say, well when God wants us to have a baby we will and if He doesnt, well then I will be sooooooooo sad. Oh and I havent had my period in like 2 mos., but its been longer.

11/13/2008 12:02 PM
AndysCandi

Interesting... I have the same issues. I have had unprotected sex with my hubby and we haven't ever been pregnant. We are both extremely healthy and fit.

I have my period like clock-work...I don't think I"ve ever missed a period since I got it when I was 15.

I wonder if maybe I'm just not ovulating????

11/13/2008 03:12 PM
mallory8830
mallory8830Posts: 5

See at times I thought maybe that I wasn't either...but then I have no idea why I wouldn't be...

11/13/2008 04:06 PM
2bdjm
2bdjm  

mallory8830 - You could visit a public health department for an examination. The charges are based on your ability to pay. I used to work at a public health department in the family planning department. They offer good services for those without insurance and/or low income.

11/13/2008 06:26 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

r u girls on any meds.?

11/14/2008 07:36 AM
AndysCandi

I take Lexapro for depression and seroqeul for sleep at night. I don't think they affect anything though...because before I was taking those it was the deal.

I just bought an ovulation kit at the store and I'm going to test myself after my next period.

11/14/2008 07:26 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

I took lexapro too, maybe it is lexapro! Now im off of it tho, 2 mos now.

11/15/2008 10:44 AM
dreamsofinsomnia
dreamsofinsomnia  
VIP Member

i hate to ask this cause it is personal so you just go through the following checklist of the things that make most people infertil if none of them apply go to your local family planning they offer infertility help or at least information and someone to talk to and it is on a sliding income scale- hear is the check list

over the age of 40

if you had your first intercours under the age of 21 it adds a risk of infertility

if you have had lots of partners adds a risk

if your partner has had partners outside the marriage

if you have had chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomonas, genital warts, herpes, bacterial baginosis, pid adds large risk

if you used an iud adds risk

if you have irregualar cycle adds a risk

if you smoked marijuana adds a risk

if you use a lot of alchol adds a risk

if your mother was exposed to des while she was pregnant with you adds a risk

if you don't have a yearly pap test

also make sure you check any side effects of medications you are currently taking to see if it has sexual side effects

if you or your partner is overweight, has diabeties, or don't get enough exercise these to can cause infertility

i know it is a big list but it is the list given to you from the family planning program on the subject

this is the 800 numver for nd they can direct you to an office in your area i am sure

1-800-472-2286

11/15/2008 07:01 PM
jsrdrnr
jsrdrnr  

The fact that you are not having a period is puzzling to me. That can be for a lot of reasons. It is not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing but should be checked out. I understand not having insurance and not being able to pay. I would call the local health dept and see what their requirements. You may very well qualify or even qualify for a very discounted exam. At least then you will have a bit more info. I hope it all works out for you.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved