MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/01/2010 03:49 PM

DECEMBER WHY MUST YOU REAR YOUR UGLY HEAD ???

cunninghamgail
cunninghamgail  

and thus begins the month of December . a month of no matter what i do my heart still remembers . the snow the holiday songs , happy families everywhere I called my dr. and got permission to up my dose of antidepressant at least thru december she knows and understands how much i suffer thru this mo . if one more of my husbands family tells me to '' GET OVER IT ALREADY '' I'm going to jackie chan on them .

12/01/2010 05:00 PM
pajamapama
pajamapamaPosts: 533

Hi Gail

I'm so sorry you're husbands parents aren't more understanding about what you've been through and what you are going through now.

Those suffering from depression often find the holidays hard to get through. In your case, you also went through a major loss near the holidays making it that much worse. I lost my husband on December 22, though it was many years ago. It gets easier with time, but even after all these years I still have a sadness. I find myself thinking about happier times - as you said, the carols, the meals, the get togethers that used to be.

I can really sympathise and hope that you can manage to find a little happiness this year.

Warm hugs Gail

Pam

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved