MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/02/2010 10:26 PM

I dont understand why im so depressed

maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I been feeling so down and alone lately. I dont know why im feeling like this and i just need to know if anyone else feels like me. I have a great fiance who loves me trully loves me and two great grown kids and latly i dont even want to be bothered with my fiance i dont want to talk to him or have him even kiss me. I dont know why he is not doing nothing wrong or different but i just feel bad and sad and i feel even worse for feeling like this and making him feel bad. He does so much for me and gave up so much to be with me because i couldnt live where he was at and now im feeling like this and i dont know why. I just need some help before i lose him. please does anyone else feel like this? I know i have alot of pain due to my health but could this be the cause i just dont know.

11/02/2010 10:38 PM
griselda

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are feeling depressed and I understand what it is like wanting to know why? and sadly there are so many reasons that it is often hard to identify the cause and even then it is speculation, because there is still so much to learn about the human brain. I am someone who needs to know the whys, so I read just about every book on depression that I could, I did learn about what the cause maybe and made some assumptions that did help a little. Over time I have concluded my problem is low levels of neurotransmitters, because there is nothing negative going on in my life, every time I try to drop my medication I sink in to depression.

sadly getting out of that hole will take time, but will be faster if you get educated and work at getting well.

Rather than worry about the cause, the best thing to do is to get some help, medication if possible, the good thing about medication if you are not all ready taking it, is that it puts you in a better frame of mind to learn how to cope and to fix what may be broken.

Take care xxx

11/02/2010 11:11 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Mary, what you are describing sounds like classic depression - tho I am not a doctor and not medically diagnosing you, only giving you my opinion. If you are not on meds and/or in therapy, either, but preferably both could do a lot to get you going in the right direction. I looked at your profile, Honey, and it seems to me that you were doomed to become depressed. I am so very sorry for all that you have suffered in your life. The list is overwhelming.

Once we've suffered from depression, it can come back whenever it feels like it, and there is not always a clear reason.

So if your question is if any of us have suffered from a bout of depression w/o knowing what's causing it, I'd say most of us have felt that way at some time. I certainly have, tho right now there are so many reasons for my current bout that I can't even list all of them.

If you are not in therapy or taking meds, as I said, both would be helpful. Depression is caused, as Griselda said (tho in different terms) by screwed up chemicals in our brains. They can sometimes be brought into control w/o meds, but it usually takes a lot longer; and sometimes therapy is not enough.

Warm welcoming wishes to you, Mary, and to Griselda,

Sylvia

Post edited by: Sylvia4648, at: 11/02/2010 11:17 PM

11/03/2010 12:59 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Mary my name is Viv and I am glad you have came to our group. You already have gotten great information from Griselda and Sylvia so I don't have alot to add to that. I did want you to know that I do understand.

I also read your profile and with what you have been through hun that alone could be causing alot of this and bringing up bad memories. Maybe you are pushing your fiance back and not even intentionally doing it. That could be from your past abuse you have suffered. I hope you can get the help you need and know that we are all here for you. This is a warm and caring group here so feel free to talk and join iiin anywhere. I look forward to getting to know you. Many blessings to you hun!

11/03/2010 09:21 PM
maryandjimmie
maryandjimmie  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I want to thank every one who wrote on my post I do trully need it. I feel like im going backwards with this depression and its just good to not feel like im alone or that no one understands your comments mean alot to me and what you wrote i will trully take in mind. I know i need to get back on meds and see a therapist but with medical they do not cover it so now i feel lost.

11/04/2010 03:34 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Mary, glad you got some help from what we've said. You are not alone, Sweetie. We are here for you. As far as meds and therapy, there are free or very low cost clinics all over. Look in the yellow pages under Social Service Organizations, or on the first or second page of your phonebook there should be a list of hotlines you can call and ask about free or low cost therapy and meds. If you get someone to prescribe the meds, many of the drug manufacturers will give them to you. You need to know the name brand since generic companies do not have these programs. But if you google for the manufacturer of whatever is prescribed, their website should have info and a phone number for their Patient Assistance Program (PAP). Also many doctors who prescribe the meds can get you a lot of samples. My doc once called his rep from some med company and asked for samples for as long as I had to take the med; the company sent them and he gave them to me.

So there are ways to get free or low cost counseling and meds if you know where to look. Also you can call Jewish Family and Children's Services or Catholic Charities. You do not have to be Jewish or Catholic to call these agencies. And if they can't help you, they generally can refer you to places where you can get help.

So give some of these a try and let us know what happens. I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon.

Regards, Sylvia

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved