MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/20/2010 08:30 PM

Tuesday's News - 9/21/10 - anything goes

Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi again. Hope everybody sleeping is doing so soundly, and those of us who are up sleep soundly whenever. I'm about to sign off for a bit. So this is a little early.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone. And please keep up your prayers for our wonderful Viv. She needs help making her decision, so y'all might join Teddy in praying for her to have the strength to make the right decision. Teddy sends y'all big, tender bear hugs.

Happy day, Sylvia

--- The discussion has been locked ---

09/20/2010 10:22 PM
bits
bits  
VIP Member

Good morning night owls,

Stll feeling well..some pain(managable), stiffness(hobbling but walking), and NO overwhelming fatigue...just a little tired.

I am watching Lolita(1962), sipping my little dr.pepper, relaxing in my comfy chair and glancing now and then at Hannah as she sleeps in "our" bed. I don't think glancing is the right word, I,literally, stare at her.

Gosh she is so sweet and pretty. She is turned on her side, brown curls in a tangle on my brown and white stripped pillow, she is covered,almost to the neck with a beautiful old timey star quilt. Her little arm is laying outside of the cover and I can see her Pa's grey T-shirt she wore to bed.

Her face is soft and serene. Peaceful. The sleep of babes.

Later, when I go to bed I will say,"Move over fat girl Nanny is coming to bed." She is not fat but skinny. She will rouse and began moving over.A few times she moved to the foot of the bed and I had to straighten her up. LOL!

She finally moves to her side where she lays her head on "her" pillow. It is a fat thick goose down pillow. It has a dark purple pillowcase. Her pillow always has a pink or purple pillowcase.

I will snuggle her, kiss her cheeks and forhead, stroke her hair , and thank God for her. I will ask God to watch over her and help her everyday.

It's time to go finish cleaning my kitchen. Then off to bed.

hugs friends.

09/21/2010 06:40 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Morning, Tuesday all! Wishes for everyone here who is stressed, depressed or in pain that it will ease this day. Some special prayers for our Viv still hospitalized and for all of you too in pain today.

For me, just stressed out. It's that time of year for me, kids back in school and feel like I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I spent my night off work yesterday, doing homework for 4 hours with my son. His teacher says he has problems staying focused and completing classwork assignments. I'm concerned and want to have him evaluated. He's struggled now for a year or two.

On the nights I work, I hope things get done with the kids. Me and my family's weekends are filled with sports or some invitation to go somewhere. We have really limitted down time and it frustrates me and stresses me out. Sorry, if I'm here less right now but trying to get things in some order here. Rachele

Post edited by: Peace4Rach, at: 09/21/2010 06:43 AM

09/21/2010 10:05 AM
SAT
SAT  

Rach-don't forget about yourself in all that activity.

09/21/2010 11:47 AM
pajamapama
pajamapamaPosts: 533

Hi Bits

I have to say again how much I enjoy reading your posts, they are so vivid and beautifully written.

I have 3 grandchildren myself and I know exactly the joy of watching them sleep that you described. I love when they come and stay overnight, snuggling up with them is like a tonic to me.

Glad to hear that you are feeling reasonably well and I hope it continues.

Hugs, Pam

09/21/2010 12:04 PM
pajamapama

Hi Rach

I really feel for you - all the stress plus everything you have to do. Must seem like there are never enough hours in the day.

Sorry to hear that your son is struggling a bit in school. Hope you find some answers.

I woke up feeling lousy today, fibro pain is bad today, raging headache, and I feel totally exhausted. But at least I can take it easy, unlike you who feels lousy and still has to keep plugging away with your busy life. You deserve a lot of credit.

Don't worry about how much time you are here, take all the time you need.

Big Hugs my friend, Pam

09/21/2010 07:39 PM
SAT
SAT  

I posted some funnies and a few optical illusions in the "Fun Stuff...." forum.

09/21/2010 07:58 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Thanks ladies for our care and support. I'll check out fun stuff soon, SAT. Pam feel better, hugs, Rachele

09/21/2010 08:41 PM
pajamapama

I'm locking up for the night, feel free to post on Wednesdays board.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved