MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/02/2010 09:22 PM

Today's News - 9/3/10 - anything goes

Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Good morning to all of our night owls. Today's a new day, and the day my Social Security check gets deposited in my bank account. My depression is continually worse. Can't wait until next week when my doc gets back. Of course I'm grabbing at straws since we've already tried everything he can think of or I can come up w/ from you guys and searching the web.

It's just frightening as hell to think I may never feel any better physically or emotionally/ psychologically for the rest of my life.

Viv is about the same as she was yesterday, and still sleeping a lot of the time. She sends regards to all, and of course her prayers and love. Please keep praying for some peace for her, and for god's will for her.

Have a great day!

Best to all, Sylvia

--- The discussion has been locked ---

09/02/2010 11:57 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi again, in the spirit of continuing what was started on yesterday's news thread, Pam you are welcome for the Viv updates. I too wish I had better news.

Fidgetgirl, I hope the storm takes a sudden turn out over the ocean or something. Good luck getting thru it if it continues its current direction. Are you talking about the Chesapeak Bay Bridge Tunnel? If you are, I was on it once and it's beautiful.

Best, Sylvia

09/03/2010 08:26 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Morning everyone. Good day Friday wishes to all. Heading out for a bit, got to do some errands and finish shopping for the kids for school. I have a headache again. It's stress and sinus related. But pulling myself together to get up and connect to life otherwise, it's real depressing to stare at the 4 walls and a messy house. So here I go.

Post edited by: Peace4Rach, at: 09/03/2010 08:27 AM

09/03/2010 11:31 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Really rough day, I'm sorry everyone. I'm not feeling well. I went out and took the kids got jipped in 2 stores and been yelling all day. I feel so out of it and exhausted. I'm so overwelmed with my kids home. I wish I could help but right now can't even take care of things here. Feel free to come on and chat and support one another. I'm gonna lay down a bit and try to get rid of this headache. I'll catch up with you all later. Hugs, Rachele

09/03/2010 01:44 PM
patty777

A special prayer to my friend Rach

prayer

09/03/2010 04:11 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi all, I actually slept the entire day and am now trying to wake up, but I'll be w/ y'all in a short time. We (your leaders) apologize for seeming lack of leadership in the last week or two, but as you know, Viv is ill, Rach has many responsibilities, some of which should be sorted out when her kids go back to school, and some that will get worse then (like having to drive them around), and I have been ill for a few weeks, tho since there's fibro involved, the symptoms keep changing.

So I beg your foregiveness for the three of us and ask for a bit of patience.

Best to all, Sylvia

09/03/2010 04:13 PM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

Thank you Patty and for the prayer. I appreciate it very much. Thanks Sylvia. Hugs to you all. Rach

Post edited by: Peace4Rach, at: 09/03/2010 04:14 PM

09/03/2010 06:33 PM
patty777

Your welcome Rach, Everyone can use a little inspirational prayers sometime, me most the time.

I think 2010 was the worst year of my life. I need more days like these at the beach, Sunset on Lake Michigan. So beautiful to watch hummmm

3127 sm

09/03/2010 07:10 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi again, I have some good news for a change. I might have posted this before, but I'm so excited (something I rarely feel anymore) that I'd rather repeat than forget because you are all kind enough to listen to my bad news. For the last few months I finally have a aide I like, who likes me, and we work well together. Since she's here 3 hours twice a week, we also chat a lot. A few weeks ago I told her I needed a fix - that I was so depressed that I needed a baby, toddler or pre-schooler because nothing on earth picks me up like little ones. The poor aide works 7 days a week including the 7 to 4 shift at a factory 6 days a week and then taking care of me and others who need aides.

A few weeks ago she walked in and put this little smiling bundle on the floor. I put my hands out, and my aide's 18 month old niece came running into them. She climbed into my lap, gave me a giant hug, took hold of my chin to turn my face so she could give me a smacker on the cheek, then she put her head on my shoulder and went to sleep. After a short while she woke raring to go. We had a wonderful time, and I felt much better for days. On top of my running list for things I need the aide to help w/ are bold, red, all caps that say 'Bring Erin to me.'

Again, she'd bring her more often, but she has so little time. She came in Tuesday, took one look at me (I'd been crying all day) and said she was bringing Erin on Sunday. So two more days and I get another fix. Erin wouldn't speak to her aunt for a few days. She was angry because she had so much fun w/ me and couldn't figure out why she couldn't come back. Her mom sent me a picture of her, and I sent her a picture of me so she wouldn't forget me. My aide said Erin got so excited when she told her she was bringing her here on Sunday. She got on the phone one day and told me she loved me, and then giggled. I maintain that if we could bottle baby giggles we could end a lot of depression.

Best to all, Sylvia

09/03/2010 07:23 PM
patty777

Hi Sylvia

Thats a very sweet story, almost, well did bring tears to my eyes. Im so happy for you to have a new little friend. A Bundle of Joy!!!. Now dont spoil her with candy LOL. Just kidding. It warms my heart for you.

Blessings do come in many ways

Patty

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved