MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2010 03:10 PM

all my problems all add up to one huge one

jessakittyface
jessakittyface  

i am disabled, i have s.b.s, i cut and im depressed, they all go in hand with each other, i hate how i am so i am depressed, i cut becuase im depressed and disabled.

i always find myself thinking badly about myself and my step sister, alicia and my classmates do NOT help the matter.

what should i do

Angry

03/02/2010 06:11 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi jessakittyface and welcome to our group. I am sorry that you've had a rough life starting at 2 months of age. That is heartbreaking.

Do you get any kind of therapy or counseling? Take any meds for your conditions? Low self-esteem often goes along w/ depression, but a counselor should be able to help you build your self-esteem back up.

I'm glad that you've found us and hope that we can help you. Please feel free to post whatever you like. As far as your question about what you should do, we can't really answer that for you, but therapy, or at least talking to your doctor seems like a good place to start.

Please let us know how you're getting along. We do care.

Warm welcoming wishes,

Sylvia

03/03/2010 09:52 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Jessa welcome to our depression group. It is nice to meet you my name is Viv. Sounds like you have been through alot starting when you were so young. I am disabled and wheelchair bound so I do know what it is to have disabilities its not easy but you can make a life with them. Others that make fun and say things don't understand. They have never had to deal with anything like that.

Have you tried counseling to see if that would help any? We are here for you. Feel free to post and talk to us thats what we are all here for to help one another. Many blessings to you!

03/09/2010 10:57 AM
jessakittyface
jessakittyface  

i have tried cousnling and it did not work at all. i like to talk to poeple i know personally or somewhere that they dont know who i really am so that they can't judge me.

i feel like everyone on here likes everybody on here and cares about what they saySmile

Post edited by: jessakittyface, at: 03/09/2010 11:04 AM

03/09/2010 11:18 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Jessa you are right about that. This is a great bunch of people here who are very caring and always willing to be here to talk and try to help. There is no judging here after all we are all in the same boat. All of us have to deal with depression. We are glad you are here posting with us. Couseling doesn't work for everyone it didn't me either. Being here has been such a blessing for me for over a year now. Many blessings to you Jessa!

03/09/2010 11:30 AM
jessakittyface
jessakittyface  

thank you, mitzigirl. i am glad i am here, i was just goofing off and i came along to this site.

im glad i did.

03/09/2010 02:48 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I came upon this site by accident too Jessa and it has become my home for a year and 4 months now. Glad your here.

03/09/2010 05:33 PM
jessakittyface
jessakittyface  

i love being on here i feel happy when i find other people like me

03/09/2010 08:45 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Jessa, you are in the right place. I, too, am depressed and disabled, tho not nearly as badly as Viv (Mitzigirl). So, yes, we do understand and want to hear whatever you want to tell us.

I'm sorry, but what is s.b.s.?

Welcome again, Sylvia

03/09/2010 08:56 PM
vickiem1124
vickiem1124  
VIP Member

what is sbs?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved