MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/03/2010 11:20 AM

All I want to do is sleep..

Chi89
Chi89  

So lately all I've been doing is sleeping. I feel pretty good though, not too bad. I don't really know why I just want to sleep if I don't feel that bad. And if I'm not sleeping, I can't fall asleep. It's like I sit up until 6 a.m. unable to sleep, but the times I do fall asleep I never want to get up throughout the day. Most of the time I'd rather just sit in my pajamas all day. I feel tired all of the time and I hate it. I always say that I'm going to go to the gym to workout and just have something to do but I never end up going. I want to go today too, so maybe and hopefully I will. I never feel like eating either, and I love food! ugghh..I can't stand feeling like this. Any suggestions?

01/03/2010 11:36 AM
2steveb
2steveb  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hi, your talking about me and my symptoms, for me the solution is to (i know its hard at first) get motivated, you hold the cure. For example the gym, you will meet people, you will release your endorphines and they will put you on a high which in turn will release adrenolin which will get you higher. Your whole life style will change from depresion to being an adrenoline freak lol.

Here in the UK my shops are 'round the corner' so a starting point is to run round the corner. You dont need the expence of gyms unless you spacifically want to go to a meeting place.

give it a go, nothing to loose ah

ttfn

steve

01/03/2010 02:01 PM
ray2135

Hi Steve

Please define - your shops = ?

Do you go to the gym or not?

Hi Chi

The motivation for getting up is to help others.

Get hobbies that demand your attention.

Join groups of people and do things together.

Start some crafts.

The gym is really good - I go because the time is just for me.

Love, Raoul

01/03/2010 02:28 PM
Sylvia4648
Sylvia4648  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi Chi, I just went thru a period of a couple of weeks where I was sleeping from 12-18 hours out of every 24. I just accept that strange sleep patterns are a part of depression, fibro and probably some of my other conditions. Considering that for a few months before that I was barely sleeping more than a half hour at a time, who wanted to question the sleep?

I am also going thru a period where I've no appetite and have to force myself to eat and drink (no puns in there; I speak of water, soda, tea, etc.). Last year I was so depressed that I simply forgot to eat or drink, and my kidneys shut down. As is common, my mind went along w/ them, and because of my not being able to advocate for myself in hospital, and nobody listening to my doc, I almost died from being given meds for nothing I had but that were overpowering my mind and keeping it from coming back. My unconscious mind refused meds, and it turns out that what they were giving me would probably have killed me w/in a week. The social worker who screwed me out of the rest of my life before my mind returned lied and told my doc they were only giving me one medication. He told her it was not for anything I had and that it would make me sick. She didn't even note that she'd spoken w/ him, never mind what he said.

So my doc and I have come up w/ a bottom line of what I have to take in to keep my kidneys functioning. Enough food so that I keep down the few meds I take, and at the absolute minimum 32 oz. of liquid a day. He says that not eating obviously affects the balance of nutrition in the body, but since my diet is so restricted I asked him what kind of nutrition I normally take in. He allowed that it wasn't much.

So please make yourself eat as much healthy stuff as you can and be sure to keep drinking - non-alcoholic drinks. Smile

I hope you get back on track quickly. Remember, this too shall pass.

Sylvia

01/04/2010 09:00 AM
2steveb
2steveb  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi to answer your query ray, im not in a position to be active or afford a gym so i walk to the local grocers/food shop

tootle pip hahaha

01/04/2010 09:23 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hey Chi it is hard at times but it seems that alot of people with depression have unusual sleep patterns.

Getting out and going to a gym works great for some and if you can it would release alot on endorphins or if you can just go walking like steve said. I can't walk but sometimes I just make myself roll outside and off the porch and down the driveway around to the back patio and then back up the porch. That helps alot.

Then coming on the boards and talking and mixing and mingling with all these wonder people helps the rest of the way. Hopefully you will be up feeling better soon. I do have one little thing I hardly ever do and thats get out of pj's I wear them all the time..They are warm and comfortable...Many blessings to you!

01/04/2010 02:33 PM
Chi89
Chi89  

Raoul,

You're right it does help A LOT when you want to get motivated to know that you're helping someone else. It actually makes you want to get out of the house and get moving. I'd love to do some sort of work with younger kids, or elderly people. I'm also going to the gym with my aunt later on tonight. I like having a gym partner to go with rather than always going alone. I actually am pretty artistic! so crafts are fun too. I write a lot of poems just never do anything with them. But thats always good too.

Sylvia,

Well as bad as it is that you know what I'm talking about, I'm glad that you can relate to me. I think the same exact way! I figure oh I haven't slept, so why complain about the 12 hours of sleep now. But really I dont want to sleep that much at once. It makes me feel like I'm wasting my day and I haaattee that. I hope you're right about it passing, and I'm sure you are. I just miss wanting to eat! I've been drinking a lot of water, juice, soda, anything. Just not too hungry. But I talked to my counselor today and she told me try melatonin(Not sure if I spelled that right) for sleeping, and to take two extra bites of my food each time I eat and increase that each week. So I'm gona give those things a try too. Also, I hope that you're doing well with everything Smile

Oh and Steve,

It is WAY too cold in Chicago to walk anywhere outside right now hah.

Viv,

Yeah you're definately right about depression bringing weird sleeping patterns, I HATE it! Yeah it is always nice to get out if you're able to. I am able to so really I should take advantage of that. I should also try just sitting outside and reading (once it gets warmer) and just getting out of the house. Even if I'm getting out to talk on the phone or write or something. It's always good to feel the fresh air and as I'm writing I realize I do need more of that. My moods just go up and down a lot and I've dealt with that all of my life. It's not that I'm used to it, I don't think anyone ever gets used to that, but I just need people like the ones in this group to bounce ideas off of or just get stuff off of my chest when I'm upset. Little things like that make a huge difference.

P.S. Pjs are super comfy, I'd live in them if I could Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved