MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/07/2008 06:29 AM

So depressed

foxyroxy1
foxyroxy1  

I dont know how to handle this. My mom is slowly dying from emphasema and its killing me. All I am doing is crying and sleeping lately. Last night I was invited to a party but wanted to go to bed instead and I just woke up. I am almost 34 years old and have only lost one other person close to me and that is when I was 10. My mom has alreadr outlived her expectancy by 2 years but is getting worse daily. I dont know what to do.

06/07/2008 07:14 AM
DoDo
DoDo  

I am sorry about your mom foxyroxy1. I understand the crying and sleeping lots, I did that before, during and after my mom died, she passed in 2005. My mom did not have emphasema, but, she did have COPD, and diabetes, and heart issues, and many other health issues. Before that, I had only lost my sister at age 18 whom I was very close to, so, I know exactly what you are feeling and where you are coming from. I feel better knowing that she is not suffering any longer. My mom was like the cat with the 9 lives, I knew she was coming to the end of her lives, she was able to keep pushing the bar back, but, it can only be pushed so far. She was very strong, and very tough, just as I am sure your mom is too.

I found you just have to get through each day as it comes, you can't even think past that.

I will be keeping you and your mom in my prayers.

Lorna

06/07/2008 07:29 AM
mamanordy

Foxy, so sorry to hear about your mom. When I lost my 19 yo sister in a car accident, all I did was cry, sleep and push the people who loved me and I loved farther and farther away from me. I eventually got some help dealing with it but it is hard. If you ask my son, he will tell you it took me over 20 years to get over her death, or that I am still not over it.

Just see your mom as much as you can, discuss anything you want to tell her that you have been wanting to tell her for a long time, make some memories.

06/07/2008 01:14 PM
foxyroxy1
foxyroxy1  

I tried to mow the lawn and I was even crying doing that. I keep telling myself she isnt dead yet! We have no idea when she will go it gould still be years. I doubt that but I am so consumed by this. I dont know how to go on or to even have fun or to enjoy something. I am utterly exhausted.

06/07/2008 04:09 PM
foxyroxy1
foxyroxy1  

Im not crying anymore. I think I am done with that for today. Honestly I dont think I could if I tried. I wish I had some money and more friends. I would really like to get out of my house. I mentioned it to my husband but he is really a homebody. I mentioned just going for a walk. I just dont want to be by myself though. I need to get out! I am so down and this grey cloud cover we have had for almost a week really isnt helping.

06/08/2008 06:22 AM
mamanordy

Do you have any parks that have free concerts in the summer? Or do you like to read? I love to go to Barnes and Nobles and get a coffee and just sit and read for hours. They have comfy chairs there too!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved