MDJunction - People Helping People
Ask a Question
01/27/2010 08:26 AM

How do I find a chronic illness therapist?

Posts: 164
I'm an Advocate

I was reffered by my doctor. In doing some research for this post I have found a few websites that may be able to help as well. iorb=4764

You might be able to call your local hospital refferal service as well.

Many insurance companies use a mental health refferal company. Check your insurance card for behavioral health phone number.

Peace & Hugs



06/17/2014 01:52 PM
Posts: 630

When you call up your health insurance company, make sure you take down the person's name and date and time you called. If possible speak to a manager in referrals. I've been burned not doing this. Ask doctors and friends for recommended therapists. Find out what style of therapy works best for you.

If you are not covered, find out what the doctors get paid by insurance companies and then negotiate that rate for yourself. Often this rate is a fraction of the full charge the doctor charges.

sending prayers and joy your way


Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 All Rights Reserved