MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/30/2011 04:22 AM

I just wanted to introduce myself

AveMaria02

Hello. My name is Holly Williams. I am a 29 year old lady from Southwestern Indiana of the United States of America. I am a citizen of the United States of America and was born and raised here. I have actually never been outside of the United States of America.

I am a devout Roman Catholic, which by the way, plays a huge role in how I handle my pain and many medical conditions. The reason is because as a Catholic, whenever I have suffering or annoyances or anything negative like that, I just offer it up to God and unite with the sufferings that Jesus suffered on the cross and then God can use my suffering to provide others with grace, particularly the grace of conversion to Catholicism. It gives the suffering a kind of purpose and so to be honest with you, it makes living a life of suffering not seem nearly as bad as it would seem to me if I was not Catholic and didn't know about offering up my sufferings.

That said, I do have many medical conditions. I don't want to list them all right now but I do have Fibromyalgia and Depression, specifically my type of Depression is called Major Depression which I think it means I have severe lifelong depression. Despite that I am usually not all that depressed. I take Lexapro as an anti-depressant and it actually does a pretty good job in keeping my mood at a decent level. I would say that if you had a scale of depression going from 1-10 with 1 being extremely depressed and 10 being as happy as a lark, I am generally at a 4 or a 5 on an average day and that is a pretty good level for me in my opinion.

Some of my interests are: computers, repairing computers, playing computer games (although I don't do that as much as I used to), posting in internet forums and message boards, discussing religion, evangelizing other people, religion in general, Catholicism, Catholic Apologetics (Defending the beliefs of Catholicism is what that means for those of you who didn't know), playing with my cat, reading, praying, praying the Rosary, praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet, and going to Holy Mass.

Now that I have brought up my cat, I want to tell you about her. Her name is Precious. She is a 7 year old Domestic Short Hair. She is a very sweet girl and the name "Precious" fits her perfectly as she is very precious to me. In fact, that's why I named her that. One morning I was going to RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults which is what the conversion process and classes of Catholicism is known as) I stopped at my Grandparent's house for some reason. My Grandma asked me if I seen the kitten outside and while I think I did catch a glimpse of her, I didn't see her up close and so I went back outside and the little kitten (who is now called Precious) climbed up on the porch and let me hold her. I was immediately hooked on her! It was definitely love at first sight. I took the beautiful little kitten inside and talked to my Grandma and said "May I please keep her?" and she said "You can take her home so she can stay out of the cold but I am still looking for her owner. If I don't find her owner, you can have her." Well, as it turns out, my Grandma never did find anyone who claimed her so I got to keep her. She is a very sweet, playful, and active cat. She also "talks" (meows) at me a lot. I have her trained to do a few things as well. She is definitely an important part of my life. I have uploaded a picture of her. The second picture is of her as a kitten.

So, that's about all I know to talk about for now. Feel free to ask me any questions about anything you want from me, to my illnesses, to the medicine I take, to my cat!

IMAG0083

IMAG0083

Post edited by: AveMaria02, at: 12/30/2011 04:25 AM

Post edited by: AveMaria02, at: 12/30/2011 04:26 AM

Post edited by: AveMaria02, at: 12/30/2011 04:26 AM

12/30/2011 04:27 AM
AveMaria02

Sorry I had to edit the post so many times. I was having trouble getting the images of Precious on the post.

12/30/2011 01:36 PM
kildare56
kildare56  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the site. I hope you find the extended family here that awaits you.

12/31/2011 01:20 AM
AveMaria02

Hey there Kildare56! Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

12/31/2011 06:47 AM
kildare56
kildare56  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Who am I not to welcome you? You sound like a wonderful person who will make a great group even geater! So, the thanks are all mine! Contact me anytime you wish.

01/06/2012 06:10 AM
AveMaria02

Thanks Kildare. Smile You seem like a very kind person. Smile

01/06/2012 06:38 AM
AveMaria02

Here is a complete list of all of my medical conditions in case anyone is curious:

Fibromyalgia

Major Depression

Borderline Personality Disorder

Asthma

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Plantar Fasciitis

Chronic Seasonal Allergies

Gastrointestinal Reflux Disease

Tourettes Syndrome

Anemia

If my memory is working right, which it often doesn't due to being anemic, then that is all of my medical conditions. I am on SSI. I have never been able to hold down a job and so I am permanently disabled.

Post edited by: AveMaria02, at: 01/06/2012 06:40 AM

01/06/2012 05:35 PM
kildare56
kildare56  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am also permanently disabled. I know it's not a good feeling, but you still contribute. As a member of this group, you can help so many people just by telling your own story. I am certain you have advice for all of us as well. So, welcome again!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved