MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2012 09:44 AM

Depressed(page 2)

maggiesdream
maggiesdream  

Dolly,

I think the Gaba gets easier to take the longer you take it. And a lot of people stop taking it because they expect to feel something from it but its been my experience that is just really reduces the amount of pain and when you have a flare up and I don't seem to have them as often.

Good luck, I'm glad you are here. Lets talk some more soon.

02/01/2012 09:48 AM
kildare56
kildare56  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Dolly - First thank you for updating us. I know things will get better for you. I do not sell or promote products, but I will recommend a book for you an your family. Get either Fibromyalgia for Dummies or (the one I have) The Complete Idiot's Guide To Fibromyalgia. Either is a great resource. I love the way they are written and you can go to topics you want to see. You don't have to read it cover to cover to get the benefit. It will help your children as well.

My best always,

Richard

02/01/2012 05:39 PM
dolly45

Hi everyone, Richard I just ordered those 2 books on Amazon so my kids can start reading them when they get here. and Maggie, thank you for your reply. For the last 2 years my GP has had me on Butrans - which he told me is a near cousin of diamorphine. I have 2 patches weekly 10mgs and 5mgs. He told me the Gabapentin is something that blocks the nerves from sending pain messages to the brain. I am ok driving with the Butrans but not happy with driving with the Gaba.. Still feeling light headed with it. If I cant drive I cant get out of the house as we live near Saddleworth Moors and its all hills. Any advice given will be very happily absorbed. I just know I cant get into that state again. Gentle hugs. x

02/01/2012 06:46 PM
kildare56
kildare56  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

All I can add are my prayers and wishes that you feel better very soon.

02/04/2012 11:11 AM
kildare56
kildare56  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

How many times have people said "hello Dolly" to you? I send you this in hope things are improving. It does take a while, but I can't wait to hear things are better.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved