MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/15/2012 06:38 AM

Getting started....again

redwood
redwoodPosts: 1120

I went to my second S-ANON meeting last night. A warm and welcoming group of women who were going through just what I was. So why do I still feel so isolated, like still no one gets what is deep inside of me? I know this has something to do with me, the distrust, the fear of letting someone in. I used to say my husband was the only person in my life who had never let me down.... well, I guess I can't really say that anymore. Sometimes the isolation and sense of lonliness is too much to bear.

I bought the 12 Steps for S-ANON at the meeting. In the beginning is "Are You Affected by Someone's Sexual Behavior" with 23 questions following. I answered yes, to some degree, to every one. From lying to cover up for him, to "checking" to see what he is up to, to feeling alone and ashamed to ask for help. It seems like a lot to overcome. I know I need to just take this One Day At A Time - today is going to be more like one minute at a time..

05/16/2012 12:15 AM
Cecilianna

One Minute works!! Hugs and I'd say keep going, it'll hopefully either feel comfortable or you'll be forced to open up a little, or maybe even want to. Mental Encouragement going your way... Looks like this ~Smile>-< with a big squeeze!

05/19/2012 05:01 AM
redwood
redwoodPosts: 1120

Thanks Cecilanna - I needed that!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved