MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/26/2011 09:36 PM

feelings of abandonment

KatyMay
KatyMay  

Hi, I am very new to this discussion group, and to the website itself. I found it shortly after going through a traumatic event VERY recently.

I am finding myself questioning my actions all the time. Yesterday was really a bad day, but today is not so bad. Yet I feel alone. I feel abandond and i dont even know why. im not even sure what the trigger was.

I have done my research on Codepentency and I understand why i am the way I am.... but i wish i had a cure. i wish there was a magic easy button that would just get rid of all the faults and all the ailments of being a codependent person. does anyone else ever feel this way? i dont like feeling alone and forgotten when nothing seems to have triggered it. Sad

02/09/2012 06:34 AM
katiebug88

Wink everything will be alright sometimes it helps to have someone to talkt to though who understands and will not judge..i am just starting to figure this crap out and i feel better on a deeper level atleast understanding the stormy panic i experience when im alone.seems alot of my old friends did not understand how traumatic lonliness can be to somebody who depends on others as a source of happiness .the feeling like your not really there just looking out of your eyes like a window...not sure if any body else feels that way but i wont find out til i share right?i hope you feel better and learn more about yourself as that kind unlocks the door to freedom.<3

02/22/2012 02:23 AM
Cecilianna

I absolutely know the pang of loneliness, the funny thing is, is that I can somehow manage to feel entirely alone and lonely in a group out people simply by something someone (generally my husband) does. Sometimes he has a arrange way of either isolating me or making me isolate myself. Other times I am overcome by grief over something small or other terrible emotions so much that I literally shut down. You are not aloneSmile we're lonely together? Thanks for posting, I hope it helpedYou

yu

02/22/2012 09:23 AM
brokenhrt001
brokenhrt001  

katiebug88 you are so right about the feeling like your not really there just looking out of your eyes like a window. I to feel that way and its real hard to learn what makes you happy b/c we have always made other people happy and lived thur them. I am going to a therapist for codependency and I hope to understand how I can be my own person.W00t

02/22/2012 09:43 AM
brokenhrt001
brokenhrt001  

Cecilianna I would like to add a post to your post , Its just great to know that there are other that feel the same way I do, my husband use to make me feel that i was a out cast around other people (he is BP) but the people that we were around, are the people that he had things in common with not me and he would tell me get up and talk to people dont just set there and then he would get mad at me and say you are a downer , so it was hard for me (before i meet him i had a lot of friends and didnt feel like this))

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved