MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/15/2009 05:30 AM

To Love Again

kelly31

I lost my fiance the father of my daughter 10 years ago in a car accident. I feel like I will never have a normal realationship I have been in a realationship for a while and we even have a daughter together when Randy Died everyone told me everything happens for a reason I have yet to find that out cuz the only thing that really brings me true happiness is my kids. I care about my boyfriend but I just don't know if I can love again. I don't think it's possible for me to have a normal loving realationship I feel like the only thing I really need is my kids and I could live the rest of my life alone and never love again. Can anyone tell me does true love ever happen again when you lose your true love.

Kelly

08/15/2009 06:17 AM
scotty04901
scotty04901  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Kelly, a divorce is some what that way too. I felt that way after my divorce. It took me 15yrs to even want to date. When I did, it was slow, but, it happened and now on Dec 8 it will be our 3rd anniversary.

08/15/2009 06:19 AM
scotty04901
scotty04901  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

We sometimes need to take a leap of Faith

08/15/2009 10:10 AM
snichols11
snichols11  

I'm so sorry for your loss, Kelly. I know it's really hard for the people around us to understand and impossible to explain what grief is like unless they've been through it. Does your boyfriend understand and accept your grief? Remember that there is no "getting over" a loss like you've experienced. You only learn to live with it. Please don't feel ashamed or angry with yourself for feeling what you feel; it's your emotions, and they are very real. You suffered a devastating loss, and I'm sure sometimes it feels just like yesterday.

Do you have a counselor or therapist you can talk to? Sometimes, it helps just to get things out. You might still suffer from post traumatic shock, and have a lot bottled away inside of you, which we all are forced to do to get through our daily lives.

Please take care...I hope this helps a little.

Sara

08/15/2009 06:27 PM
scotty04901
scotty04901  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Kelly , Hun, she is right on. We learn to live with...Your boy friend will, if he is the man I think he is, will give you all the support he can. We,too, are here for you. Don't beat yourself up over this.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved