MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/03/2009 02:27 PM

What helps ...

noriangirl

...when you suddenly find your self missing ones you have lost??

02/11/2009 07:49 PM
ldolar
ldolar  

That is a really tough question...i think for each person it is different. For me, I write my feelings down and reflect on the moments with them that makes me the person I am today. Also, I find it really helpful to share my feelings with other people who understand what I am going through. I hope this helps.

Peace and Love

Loreal

03/05/2009 01:02 PM
Rizzo
Rizzo  

It may sound silly but I talk to those I'm missing. I write down how I'm feeling....Crying helps me too.

When my daughter misses her grandfather she colors him a picture and we tie it to a ballon and watch it sail into the sky.

03/05/2009 01:16 PM
catbird

Now I write letters to my family. I lost all of my birth family and I now am living with a new family and mom new mom gave me the idea. I have a special "mailbox" in which I post my letters to my family in. It really helps.

Post edited by: catbird, at: 03/05/2009 16:00

03/11/2009 02:41 PM
snichols11
snichols11  

Sometimes I get things out that remind me of them. I talk to them, and cry, and talk some more. Sometimes, there is nothing that can help.

Or, I come here, knowing at least someone will understand.

03/14/2009 12:19 PM
Nevayda

VIP Member

Hi: I'm 64 and at that age chances are many friends and family have already passed away. In a few days it will be the anniversary of my son's death. At one of the funerals, there was a grief counselor who suggested writing a letter to the loved one, address an envelope with their name, and Heavan as the address, and either mail it without a stamp or put it in an empty metal container and burn it. I prefer to burn my letter outside in a metal container. In my mind it is the same as e-mail and gets to the loved one immediately.

04/03/2009 01:59 PM
april27
april27  

i have a myspace page and the day my stepbrother was murdered a friend from his school created a page in honor of him so when i want to feel close to him i go to his myspace page and write to him, it makes me feel a little better, and on his birthday every year my mom, stepdad, stepsister, my husband, my two sons and i get helium balloons and each of us write personal notes on each balloon to my stepbrother and let them go and we sit and watch them til they dissapear in the sky.

04/06/2009 10:00 AM
Nevayda

VIP Member

Smile Those are wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved