MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/21/2011 10:08 AM

Tattoo for my sister.

Klon10
Klon10  

As I posted before, I lost my little sister a while ago to Leukemia. This past weekend I treated myself to a new tattoo. I have one for her already on my wrist that says "J'aime ma petite soeur" which means I love my little sister in French. I wanted her initials but didn't think it would look good next to that tattoo so I put her initials behind my right ear with 5 little black stars around it representing that she died when she was 5 years old and she'll always be my little star.

I absolutely love my new tattoo and I'm so glad that I got it Smile

12/03/2011 09:06 AM
smilemore
smilemorePosts: 64

I am glad your tattoo has meaning. I like when tattoos hold a story and have connection to your life. My son's girlfriend is designing a tattoo for my son who died in a car accident just 6 months ago. He was 20.

Doing things with meaning is better then just doing it. I like your idea. It is cute. She would love it.

12/23/2011 08:43 PM
yogadork
yogadork  

I also love when a tattoo has meaning behind it. I want to get one for my Grammy who passed this August. She loved butterflys so I might get one when I have the money. My sister got one that says what my grammy used to say to us all the time "I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck" with Grammy next to it. Sucha beautiful way to honor those we love. Smile

12/28/2011 05:12 AM
bellalakins

i too am getting a tattoo..of my love with his name..around my wrist like a curly bracelet

and either a butterfly in flight or an angel spreading it's wings and then on the back side of my wrist was going to get a tombstone cause he didnt have a funeral he being cremated he died 11/11/11..was going to get that put inside of it..what do you all think?

03/09/2012 04:22 AM
Klon10
Klon10  

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post back to you. I'm a student in college and this semester has been tremendously crazy.

I would say if you're doing a bracelet to have the links spelled out in his name or something like that.

If you want to do the butterfly, what might be cool is if you had the butterfly flying away and somewhere in it's wings write his name and the date if you wanted to incorporate those.

However, even though it's your body and I don't want to tell you what to get, I will suggest (this is my opinion) that you refrain from getting a tombstone because it might only make you remember the fact that he died and not so much more the good memories.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved