MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/13/2010 11:56 AM

help

stacymlopez

I am a long time patient with DD however I am not having a good summer or fall this year perhaps you can help me? I am wanting to know of anything you guys may be trying that you feel is offering help to you. I am open minded and not really concerned if it sounds conventional or not. We all know that when you are hurting and finding no real resolution to the problem you become more open, here I am.

I am also beginning to feel as though I may need to move from Riverside, California where it is oftern very hot and dry to somewhere cooler and more moist. Have any of you moved from hot areas to cooler ones only find have less complications? Have any of you added or taken things from your diet only to find help?

Thank you,

Stacy

10/31/2010 10:39 AM
littlebopeep1
littlebopeep1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Stacy, I am so sorry that it as taken me so long to get back to you. i would also welcome you to the group....I would suggest to you too ask your doctor, in what he/she would think what to use for the dryness due to the hot and cold weather...I was told not to use any lotions....If you find out please let us all know....

Maryanne

10/01/2011 09:02 AM
william1950

Hi i know the feeling. i am using a retinoin cream hoping it will help. Most dermatologist don't understand the horrible itching that we go through. The depression that this disease can bring on. The embarrassment that we feel from this disorder. Hoping that you find relief from your dariers.

10/01/2011 12:16 PM
Rashesstink

I just took part in a panel discussions with 20 doctors on my case. One of the things that they found is that you can get a fungus infection on top of the dariers. Once we started treating that it started to improve. Triamcinolne cream works good and hydrazine for the itching. I Also started interdry ag sheets between and skin fold at night as that keeps the bacteria down. Before I knew about the fungus I was using lotion to moisturize and it seemed like the rash kept spreading for no reason. Well the fungus was transferred in the lotion and i spead it to other parts....so much fun this dd is!

I have tried Epsom salt bath for the first time last night. Just hoping to outlast this and next time be a whole lot more careful with skin.

Hope this helps.

01/13/2012 06:01 AM
Jesinez

Wow i would have never thought out a fungus. Thanks for sharing.

01/13/2012 09:16 AM
bookspurr

I got my biopsy results last week and they found a fungal infection too! Perhaps this is more common than previously thought? I started on 200 mg Ketoconazole and am using the Econozole cream until I finish my latest round of Prednisone (since it can deminish the effect of the oral medication). Inflammation is decreasing as a result of the Prednisone and the fungal infection is being held as bay - not spreading. It will take awhile to get out of my system, but once that is taken care of then we can work on getting the DD in check. I have 4 layers of issues to deal with but at least we know what we are dealing with thanks to the biopsy! I hope to be back to work in less than the 3 months they predicted. Have others missed a great deal of work due to this disease? Taken medical leave? This is a first for me!

01/14/2012 05:11 PM
jcg

My family go insane with the itching but because my son gets the rash on his face he does miss work and feels miserable. My sister in law had the disease far worse than anyone but I don't think she used anything. She was an avid golfer and kept covered up.

01/14/2012 05:15 PM
jcg

My son is 24. I knew he had it when he was 2 and again at 5 and again in his teens playing hockey. Recently had an awful flare up this summer. There is a young 6 or 7 yr old girl whose mother is in this group. A small town in Virgil Ontario near Niagara Falls has numerous cases.

01/18/2012 05:58 AM
Jesinez

My DD has calmed down but know i have cystic acne in some of the areas where the outbreak was bad

01/23/2012 08:56 AM
bookspurr

I would think the same medication would work for the acne as well since most of my medications also state they are for acne. Is the acne growing where the lesions were?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved