MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/12/2008 03:33 PM

Finally been diagnosed

jackster08

Hi, Im 35m from UK and have been battling with moods for 10 yrs. Im so disgusted with the system in the UK. I have repeatedly told GP's that I think Im on a rollercoaster and they just kept on handing out the Anti depressants. Crash again. Way up higher again. Oh no, well we will try this one then. I have now finally been diagnosed cyclothymic/BP II and they have started me on Lamictal today. Im really hopeful but will see. I just lost the best thing that ever happened to me and had bought the ring. Anyway, sorry for the long intro. Best wishes to everyone here. Im so glad there is somewhere like this for refuge from this maddening condition. Peace

09/25/2008 05:35 PM
jsrdrnr
jsrdrnr  

I know what you mean. It took forever for me to be diagnosed also. I am glad that you now know what you are up against and the Lamictal seems to be doing well for me. Glad you found us and welcome to the group.

10/12/2008 05:01 AM
stargirl

I am glad there is a refuge also. I hope we can get the group moving as it has somewhat of a slow start. Sorry to hear that you lost your relationship.

11/18/2008 07:59 AM
carox
caroxPosts: 26

Post edited by: carox, at: 08/18/2009 06:04 AM

11/18/2008 10:34 AM
jackster08

Hi, well im on 25mg of lamictal and have been for 4 months now and Im fine!!!! No mood swings at all and just the most amazing focus day to day. I cant believe the difference. I have got my life back, but lost my job in the credit crunch. But actually I find it funnily ironic. I am working again but living at home. Hope you guys are doing ok.

G

11/18/2008 07:54 PM
jsrdrnr
jsrdrnr  

I am glad that the Lamictal is working for you and that life seems to be coming back together some. That is awesome!!! Please continue to keep us posted.

Blessings!!!

08/25/2009 02:32 AM
carox

I have been on 1500mg of sodium valporate plus 40mg of citalopram for a few months now - my moods have really settled down. Ironicaly the sodium valporate is ment to be a medication for epilepsey which i do not have - i guesss it calms the brain down.

08/25/2009 05:42 PM
jsrdrnr
jsrdrnr  

Most of the mood stabilizers are anti-epileptics. Go figure.

08/26/2009 02:06 AM
carox

Strange but fine by me. Especially as I have just been given notice of redundancy at work - live in the UK and just about to enter my grimest time of year (historicaly) but managet to go through the process fine. When I got home though I felt very wobbly and shakey. Did have ! drink and 1 splif which I probably should not have as I have been warned off these. However it made me feel better, and I am now back in work the next day. So far so good.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved