MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/31/2011 01:59 AM

Medication working.. at last??

DAngelo
DAngelo  

I just thought I'd post about this as I would be interested to hear feedback on how you felt when you realised your medication was starting to work, little small signs.

Well I don't want to speak too soon, but over the last week, I have felt suprisingly calm. Not waking up every day feeling anxious or worried about sometimes nothing. Not getting restless and manic and cracking and going on binges. I have had calls from a few troublesome people as well, but I don't feel the need as I have started to feel inner peace - sorry if that sounds weird, but I don't know how else to describe it.

I feel I can concentrate on things which I couldn't before. I can go out to a stressful shopping centre and look at clothes and things without getting stressed and be just happy with that in the day, without feeling edgy and anxious in the evening. Is this what so called normal should feel like??

Looking forward to feedback. Smile

01/01/2012 12:18 AM
wisewuman

Yep! Sounds like they're working babe. I'm so pleased you're feeling the benefits. Given what you've been through, it's not just the meds helping you feel this way, it's your will power. Also, it's vital they kicked in before you return to work on the 9th.

Great start to 2012 for you.

01/01/2012 05:34 PM
nurse932

I'll never forget the time I realized I really have a problem. That was when my meds started working...

I was sitting in my car without the extreme urge to run, move, etc. Like you said before. Inner peace.

01/02/2012 02:02 AM
DAngelo
DAngelo  

Thanks so much. It's a pretty amazing feeling isn't it. I feel like I can go and see friends and relax without getting anxious, chain smoking and like you say - run.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved