MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/17/2010 11:38 AM

What do you do on the really bad days?

DecibullDog

Some days are really hard for me. I fake being happy and force myself to act normal. But inside, I'm falling apart. Today has been one of those days. What should I do? How do you break the cycle. Thanks. Decibulldog

02/19/2010 11:54 PM
grec
grec  

Hi Decibullgog! On those days I tell my girlfriend or my best friend how I feel, and if it's really hard to be with me I just let my family know how I'm feeling so they can understand what I'm going threw. What I try to do is leave my house, my bed and just do what I have to do (study, work, sports, etc) instead of staying home watching tv, laying in bed and feeling miserable. I think being proactive is the best way to cope with my cycles because I know I can't shorten them, just cope and know they'll be over soon.

I hope you feel better already.

grec

02/22/2010 10:29 AM
tigermending
tigermending  

i agree with grec- having atleast one person who understands who you are and is there to support you can be a great relief in getting thru those 'bad' days.

02/25/2010 07:54 AM
esposa

I wish I could help with this. I'd love to have answers to help my husband through the hard days. If I could only convince him to be proactive, it would definitely help. He tends to withdraw. Do you have hobbies that you can get into during the hard times? Do you like to exercise? Does that help?

I hope you are feeling better today. I see this post was from a while ago. We've been away, and I haven't been on here in a while.

07/27/2010 07:38 AM
mpg190

I exercise. I do it in my house, out side wherever. I try to focus all of the anxiety and depression into the workout. Funny thing is after going through an awful divorce losing my job and everything, I'm in the best shape Ive been in 10 years. I might not feel 100% afterward, but at least its a small relief and my brain is too busy to sit there and obsess on the garbage and negativity. It might not work for everyone but Ive found it to be a good coping skill.

07/27/2010 08:48 AM
ikhwan
ikhwan  

Baby, you've been going so crazy,

Lately nothing seems to be going right.

So low, why do you have to get so low?

You're so...You've been waiting in the sun too long.

But if you sing, sing,

Sing! Sing, Sing, Sing.

For the love you bring,

won't mean a thing.

Unless you sing, sing, sing.

Sing - by Travis, The Invisible Band, 2001.

07/27/2010 09:01 AM
venusenvynyc
venusenvynyc  

That's so funny, ikhwan! I sing and dance when I feel bad. It always helps.

08/13/2010 06:41 PM
Tonestar
Tonestar  

ummm i dont think all my surrgestions are great but i sing and drive that lil bit faster (not crazy) and sing to loud rock music .. i buy things i dont need and write .. draw and create .. occ. if really really bad i have S/H a few times but dont recomend that as scars last a while .. a part from that you need to find somthing you do when your really low that doesnt put u in too much danger !

Like i said not much help sorry

Tony - UK

11/10/2010 08:12 AM
rainegirl
rainegirl  

Am I the only one that likes the duvet and tea option? I find that on my low days, I have zero energy, so that just managing to get myself to work seems like a superhuman achievement. On days like that, I give myself a little reward for getting through the day (usually leaving work a bit early, or taking the Tube so I get home faster), run a hot bath and start reading until I can feel that I'm focussed on the book and not the badness. But that's the lazy girl's way to do it. Have also just told my boyfriend, and have to say that having a man who'll come round at 1am to hug me when I'm crying helps a LOT.

11/12/2010 07:03 AM
veganrockchick
veganrockchickPosts: 2

Hi,

I like rainegirl don't really feel like doing anything at all. That might be because I don't take any medication. I just lie in bed, cry, watch something fantasy movies and just eat, eat, eat!

I quit drinking a year ago but before everytime I felt down I took a shot of spirit or sipped booze all day to make me feel up enough to act up around people.

To be honest I don't really know how to get out of the depressed cycle so I would love to know too especially something to do that requires little to no energy/motivation!

Sarah

Post edited by: veganrockchick, at: 11/12/2010 07:05 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved