MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/11/2008 07:08 AM

Crohn's Disease

whitnash1

Hi. I'm new to the group and also suffer with crohn's disease. I was reading what "confused" wrote and it sounded like me! Sometimes I feel like I just cant go on but like "confused" I also have kids and thats what is keeping me going. Up until recently, I thought that I was dying or that this disease was going to kill me anyway. From what I have been reading, it can be controlled and you CAN live with it. I'm still trying to figure that one out since there hasn't been anything that has actually helped me thus far. It's very frustrating and also hard on my whole family. I too don't think they understand completely. My husband tries to be supportive but is also set in his ways. Like, as long as I get all the things done that are expected of me, then everything's okay. The kids are demanding too! They don't seem to care if you don't feel good. All they know is that their needs have to be met no matter what. I recently heard of a new treatment called Remicaid Infusions. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried this and how it has helped them, if at all. I'm so tired of being sick! I just want to live a normal life! AMEN to that, huh?

Post edited by: whitnash1, at: 03/11/2008 09:09

03/11/2008 07:18 AM
pkhogue,rn
pkhogue,rn  

Please go on my website before you do this and research it. I heard it was harsh. You might have to think outside the box. There are good g.i. doctors out there, but I wouldn't count on getting their names from a mass produced list of doctors. Remember their are 3 beliefs in what causes Crohn's, not just one. Research them all, including side-effects, then you decide.

03/11/2008 07:41 AM
whitnash1

thank-you for your reply. I appreciate all the help I can get!

03/11/2008 07:49 AM
ConfusedOne

Don't you feel glad you have those kids? If it weren't for my child I don't know where I would be. Because of the pregnancy the only things I've been able to take are Pentasa, and Prednisone (which I already finished), so I know nothing about Remicade, but research it, and good luck.

As for your family, well, no matter how much they care, they'll never understand you completely, no one can, unless is your own mother like "pkogue," so try to be happy just knowing that they love you. Check out that website "pkhogue" recommended, it is very informative http://crohnsgroup.weebly.com/index.html

Hang in there...I am!

Post edited by: ConfusedOne, at: 03/11/2008 09:49

03/11/2008 04:43 PM
whitnash1

ConfusedOne, Thank you for your reply. It has been a tough road but I'm sure I will get through it. I just cant seem to find what works for me yet. I am going to check out that web site. She mentioned something about a new treatment that I wanted to ask her about. Before I go starting the remicaid treatments I want to look at all the options out there. Thank you again and I hope your doing better. Like I said before, When I was pregnant I went into complete remission and it was great. I hope it works out for you. I'll say a prayer for ya and good luck.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved