MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/29/2012 08:49 AM

New member of the group

QueenofHerts

Hi. My name is Annette, I'm 37 and have been a Crohn's sufferer for the past 15 years. I work full time and have been able to hold down a steady job even though the pain and symptoms can at times make it hard.

I have a son who is my life, he's 14 now and has been through a lot of pain and anguish because of my health, he's always worrying about me but I am confident that as he gets older and see's that the good periods far outweigh the bad he will be able to grow and achieve a life without worry.. He deserves that at least.. I am well at the moment - I have had some very difficult times with my health and all the related symptoms and treatments but I will not let it beat me.. This is my life and I will live it..

I would love to hear from some of you and am always here to swap and share stories.. Drop me a line or two, say Hi Laughing xx

02/29/2012 09:59 AM
libit
libit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Annette!

Sounds like you keep the positive attitude flowing with your crohns. Smile

Some days are always worse then others but we are just thankful for the good days. I'm sure your son worries and that shows you are raising a compassionate child. Smile

We look forward to hearing more from you and we are glad you found us. Smile

02/29/2012 10:21 AM
neshama48
neshama48  
Group Leader

As a person going through this disease, my parents were there for me unconditionally.

Also, they put up with a lot of emotional grief I gave them, I and I am sure others sometimes forget that caregivers go through distress we go through, as well.

It is so good that you are there for your son and that you have a good spirit.

Welcome to the group and look forward to hearing from youSmile

02/29/2012 01:31 PM
starshine
starshine  

Welcome Annette!!

02/29/2012 09:39 PM
tori985
tori985  

Welcome Annette! Glad you found us!

Like you, my daughter worries constantly about me. When she was a teenager and was around me all of the time, it was really bad. But since she has been on her own, it is better.

One thing I did with my daughter when she was a teenager, was on the good days I would have quality time with her. Either going somewhere or doing something at home. Her favorite was making cookies while playing a board game. It helped her to concentrate more on the good times.

I hope you have a wonderful day! Looking forward to chatting with you!

03/01/2012 02:01 AM
QueenofHerts

Hi - Very nice to meet you, Thank You so much for your msg and kind words Smile

I look forward to chatting with you and sharing experiences.. I hope I can be of help to memebers of the group as well..

My son is a fine young man, he is with the Army Cadets, has just joined a Gymnasium and is currently choosing his G.C.S.E's - I think he will do very well (he wants to be a mechanic so will be taking a BTEC alongside his other subjects!!)

My one hope is that as he grows up he doesn't suffer from Crohn's - We'll see..

We do lots together whenever we can, we seem to do okay Laughing

I look forward to hearing from you again, Take Care..

Annette x

03/01/2012 05:29 AM
gizmomama

Annette,

I love your attitude! I was just recently diagnosed and I am still confused about it. Im so glad you posted this. i have 2 small kids (a toddler and an infant) There isnt much I know of this disease but I am going to keep pushing forward and concentrate on my kids and my health. This really made me feel a lot better reading you post!

Dawn

03/01/2012 10:11 AM
JoeG2k11
JoeG2k11  

Welcome Annette!

I like your positive outlook on your situation by not letting Crohns control your life.I just wanna say welcome to the group and look foward too speaking with you soon Smile

03/02/2012 12:36 AM
porknang
porknang  

Welcome Annete!A compassionate teenager? What is that?LOL!I have two teens and they are anything but compassionate.You are a very lucky lady!It makes it a lot easier when you are surrounded by people who understand this illness.My two older boys are just a little self centered.I know they care about me, they just care about what they are doing in "the moment" more..LOL!Glad to have you aboard!!!!

03/04/2012 03:15 PM
bendertwins
bendertwins  

Ang, I was thinking the same thing, compassionate teenagers? What is that???

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved