MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/11/2009 05:52 PM

REMICADE

AshCS
AshCS  

im taking Azathioprine i have been taking it for a month now...but they want me to take this and REMICADE but i dont like what alot of people r saying about it and what the dr, is saying about and there are lots of FDA warning s on it scary.....just want to gets some peoples thoughts on it....iam little and things effect me like getting sick and stuff i have arthritis all over my body.. just seeing what people have to say about the meds...

11/11/2009 06:37 PM
MISSTHEOBX
MISSTHEOBX  

MY DAUGHTER IS ON REMICADE AND IF IT WASN'T FOR IT SHE WOULD STILL BE ON PREDISONE. SHE IS SO FAR DOING WELL ON IT EVEN THOUGH SHE IS WIPED UP FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER IT.

11/11/2009 07:16 PM
ShelbyBoat
ShelbyBoat  

I started taking Remicade in 2003 and I really tribute it to getting me well. In fact I as doing so well that I thought I didn't need it and requested that my GI move me to Humira. I wanted to make the switch because I could inject myself at home with the Humira while with Remicade I had to get an infusion which caused me to miss work, answer questions as to why I had to leave etc.. Big mistake. Humira just didn't do the trick for me and I started to flare really bad. So I'm recently back on Remicade and I can feel it doing it works again to make me well. I plan to take it long as I possibly can. It's a wonder for me. I'm typically VERY sensitive to any kind of drug but I really don't notice any side effects. Thank you my guardian angel. There certainly are risk. ..but I'll glady take them in exchange to the life I was living before it was a nightmare.

11/11/2009 07:18 PM
ShelbyBoat
ShelbyBoat  

..Also. I recently found a home infusion company that comes to my place on Sunday to give me the infusion. That way I don't miss work and it's private and hec I don't have to go anywhere. It's a great option. I wish I would have known that was an option long ago.

11/11/2009 07:26 PM
AshCS
AshCS  

thank u for ur answers

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved