MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/22/2008 11:05 AM

Good Foods/Bad Foods

Franzel
FranzelPosts: 8

I feel like I have too much information in my head right now. I know that all of our bodies are different. And some of us can eat certain things, while others cannot. I've heard that staying away from starches is a good idea for us. What are your experiences with starches?

Personally, if I read about one more thing that I shouldn't eat, I think I will go crazy.Dizzy

05/23/2008 12:37 PM
dragonjewel
dragonjewel  

I watch my gluten and dairy overall. I prefer various nuts and veggies. I do know that starch wise things like Yukon potatoes are better then your typical potatoes.

For me I had type 2 allergy test ran several years back and I have gone back to following my diet for that more strict instead of being as lax as i have been in the last year or so. Doing that has helped me in feeling a bit better here.

05/29/2008 06:35 PM
dragonjewel
dragonjewel  

finally came across the site I used.

betterhealthusa.com

08/17/2008 05:02 PM
Laurench
Laurench  

As for good/bad foods, I've read "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" which claims to put crohn's into remission simply by diet changes. For me, this is the best financial choice. I'm also not a fan of taking "drugs". Besides antibiotics, they usually have no effect on my system. I saw immediate results when attempting the diet, despite that the book says it will take two years for Crohn's disease patients to see results

10/16/2008 07:18 AM
danrogy

I just got the book "Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet" By Elaine Gottschall. As near as I can tell it's considered The Bible on this topic. I'm only 12 pages into it but I've already had a number of "eureka" moments that have given me some powerful insights into my various digestive conditions. I almost refuse to take these expensive, powerful, scary drugs that my doctor wants me to take. Until sometime deep into 2009 I'm going to try to treat myself with diet. Wish me luck!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved