MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/04/2009 09:15 AM

stopped the steriods and here comes the pain

Msunek
Msunek  

I was completely weaned off Prednisone, taking my last does on this pass saturday (today being wednesday) and last night the cramping returned =(

no where as bad as it was but bad enough... i was suppose to start endocort (sp) on sunday but never got the prescrpition filled... i hope the pain subsides once i do... any one have any advice or anything... I dont think i can handle going back to where i was

11/04/2009 09:41 AM
LaurieD
LaurieD  

Hello I am currently taking prednisone and I weaned myself off of them because I didn't like the side effects that I was having and my pain also returned. I told my GI that I quit taking them and he told me he wanted me to still take them so he gave me a new prescription for them. So now I am back to taking them again and I once again am having pains in my knees in the mornings and still having my stomach pain and cramping. I would say try the endocort and see how that helps the pain. If it doesn't help I would try for something else. I know that's what I'm trying to do.

11/04/2009 11:01 AM
Msunek
Msunek  

Thank you...

11/04/2009 12:39 PM
LaurieD
LaurieD  

I know it wasn't much info or advice but I tried.

11/04/2009 12:42 PM
Msunek
Msunek  

I really appreciate it... nothing different then the doctor says lol this is a trial and error illness... One thing works another thing doesnt... it works for a while then it wont =(

crohns disease sucks!

But i will say the pain returning seems far worse cause i have anticipation of whats to come...

11/04/2009 04:12 PM
LaurieD
LaurieD  

Yeah I agree about the pain part. Whenever my stomach pain/cramps return it feels like I'm starting all over again with this damn disease. I'm just so sick and tired of being in the pain all the time and the discomfort from it. I don't feel the medicine I am on is helping any because I don't feel any better. I'm on Imuran also with the prednisone. And I was pretty much told if the Imuran and prednisone doesn't work for me then really the only thing left is the colostomy. So what else is there to do about it? Nothing I guess. But deal and cope by myself since my family doesn't understand. Thanks for listening.

LaurieD

11/05/2009 05:52 AM
Msunek
Msunek  

not surgery? just straight to the colostomy? or had you had surgery?

No problem we come here to listen and be heard =)

11/05/2009 11:16 AM
LaurieD
LaurieD  

I've never had to have a surgery yet from this disease. But my doctor told me if this medicine does not work then it's pretty much straight to the colostomy. My whole large intestine is infected by this disease and I guess the only way to get around that part is to take it out I guess. I go see my doc on the 17th for a check up and I'm gonna talk to him more about it. But I'll keep you posted.

11/05/2009 11:31 AM
Lsparkie

I would really get a 2nd or 3rd opinion especially since you never have had any surgeries. As for the pred I know about the horrible roller coaster. I am currently on 20mg and doing so so. I have good days and bad, but it seems more bad than good.

11/05/2009 12:16 PM
Msunek
Msunek  

While on steriods no issues ... i forgot about crohns except when taking my meds... but i know i cant take steriods long term nor do i want to...

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved