MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/31/2008 10:41 AM

Upper and lower GI scoped

jay1962

For all you newer Chrones sufferers, If your doctors want to do an upper and lower GI scope at the same time, which has often been the case with me, before hand ask this simple little question, Do you use the same scope for both and which end are you going to do first ? Important infomation to have.

01/31/2008 11:58 AM
lar

BAHAHHAHA. You are cracking me up today.

By the way, have you ever done the capsule endoscopy? I did that a couple of months ago. I went to Barnes and Noble to blow some time and money and everyone looked at me like I was a suicide bomber. Very attractive equipment you get to wear.

01/31/2008 12:12 PM
jay1962

Never done it, just like the manual method better I guess. Did have a feeding tube in for 5 months in 1991, had to walk around with the pump humming for 12 hours a day. Not an attractive look or sound. Was single at the time, hard to pick up women with an tube sticking out of your stomach. Glad I do not have it now, my 9 year old daughter would be leading me around like a puppy on a leash.

01/31/2008 03:47 PM
drobryant

Wow, i never done the capsule method either. I always had the black garden hose from hell(manual endoscope)..Laughing . I wish I could try the capsule method just to see if its more pleasant(even with the fashionable bomber outfit!), because I had some good scopes and some terrible scopes. I once had a doctor that scoped me that didnt give enough relaxion meds and pain meds which made my whole experience terrible(never went back to that doctor)and acted like he didn't care that i was suffering because i was told that if they gave you a decent amount of the two you shouldn't be it to much discomfort or any at all at that. So, fortunately the last couple i had was really good because they were done with the right amounts of meds and the only bad parts was the preps the night before, I know most of you know about these....Laughing . I think i will mention the capsule method to my doc when its time for another visit from the "Garden Hose from Hell"....

01/31/2008 07:23 PM
lar

Yeah that hose is a joy. The capsule endoscopy doesn't take the place of the beloved hose though. They use it when they want to try and see the area that neither hose can't quite get to.In that ileum are I guess, which is where a lot of my pain is constantly. Of course nothing showed up.

I even asked at that point if maybe we should be looking for something other than crohn's, but the doctor said, oh no its definitely crohns. Some people show nothing and and are in unbearable pain and others show a lot of areas flared and they have no pain. What a disease. Go figure.Dizzy

02/14/2008 07:43 AM
Signs
SignsPosts: 335

The Dr. that diagnosed me is co-inventor of the camera pill!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved