MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/20/2012 08:33 PM

Husband just diagnosed with Crohn's Disease(page 2)

libit
libit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Tina so sorry to hear this. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

08/25/2012 03:46 AM
cmtreilly

Sorry it has been so long since I posted...With all that is going on I forgot to. My husband has been in treatment for 4 months with FOLFOX chemotherapy. It did not work at all, the cancer spread to his liver - 8 spots on his liver with the largest one 5.5cm in diameter - from May all tumors grew significantly. Also his cancer blood marker went from 16 to 65. He spleen is enlarged by 20% and his platelets are at 75 where it should be in the 100's. They took him off chemo for a month because they wanted his platelets to come back up, they never did. Now we are trying 5FU chemo, I hope it works. In the middle of all this my mom died from complications of recover from thyroid cancer surgery. She was 80 years old. Despite all of this, we are keeping faith in God and have a positive attitude that chemo will work this time...

Post edited by: cmtreilly, at: 08/25/2012 03:47 AM

09/04/2012 09:48 PM
snowdropAK
snowdropAK  

God bless you and your husband!! I will say a prayer for you both. I am sorry you both are going through these things. I hope this new round of chemo works for him.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved