MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/24/2012 07:13 PM

~sigh~

OverTime
OverTime  

its been rainy and i've been feeling sore and beat all day today. pain is just radiating out of my spine. had to cancel my plans.

anyone want to come over and give me a 5 hour massage? Tongue on a more serious note, does anyone know if its possible to get massage therapy prescribed? some temporary relief would be blissful.

W00t

02/25/2012 10:52 AM
starshine
starshine  

You can always try and ask your rumi??? I have found that the good stuff isn't covered by insurance. So again, the good stuff is made for the rich, and our pharma co's can't make money on helping us w/o drugs. I can always feel a storm comin' in and one is arriing shortly here. Hope you feel better today!

02/25/2012 11:24 PM
tori985
tori985  

Depending on your insurance, most Chiropractors are covered. Some of them include heat and massage therapy before adjustments.

Also, some Massage Therapy schools will accept clients based on income. We have one in town that only charges $10.00 for 15 minutes. But research them, because some won't accept clients with medical issues. For fear that students will cause more harm than good.

Boy.. a good massage sounds so appealing right now! Wink

Good luck!

02/27/2012 10:31 AM
rwebb312
rwebb312  

I'm treating myself to a one hour massage on my birthday I dont care how much it cost. I was going to a chiropractor but my insurance wouldn't cover it. I had a payment plan worked out for a little while but then it was just too expensive. Sad Hope you feel better

Post edited by: rwebb312, at: 02/27/2012 10:32 AM

02/27/2012 02:33 PM
libit
libit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Wow that massage sure sounds wonderful to me. Between one day of feeling okay and the next not able to motivate myself it may be just what we all could use. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved