MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/01/2012 06:03 AM

getting ready!(page 2)

porknang
porknang  

OHHHHHH..this is me feeling it right now..Love you all!!!

01/01/2012 06:29 AM
allen55
allen55Posts: 25

I hope this works for you also. I have had 7 surgeries, it is scary, but it is over before you know it. God love you, Hope this year is so much better for you. The surgeries for me arent the issue, It's the dogone healing! Happy pain free New Year!

01/01/2012 08:56 AM
libit
libit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Do not be shy about asking for the pain meds. It not only helps with the pain but helps you to sleep. Nothing much else to do in there.

My incision was from beneath my breast bone to my bikini line many years ago. I stayed 11 days and by the time I left there I was just glad to be going home and able to EAT!! To this day I cannot stand orange popsicles, jello or even the smell of broth. gag - thats al they let me have that entire time..

But you will feel so much better after you recoup. Just remember no lifting. We are very prone to hernias after getting this done. I've had 2 so far and once my stoma prolapsed and another surgery for that. Moved from my left side to right side. So just pace yourself and let the nurses take care of you. Smile

01/01/2012 10:12 AM
allen55
allen55Posts: 25

lilbit, wish I would have had that info on hernias about a year ago. I ended up with two of them, 1 upper, 1 lower, at the same time. Good info, I will pass that on to others also. I had no idea. I thought it was just me.

01/01/2012 03:38 PM
JoeG2k11
JoeG2k11  

I hope it all goes well for you,Ive had 3 surgeries so far and soon will have my 4th.Ask them to bring the pain meds in every time their available so its easier on ya,I had them just bring the pain meds every 3hrs after surgery and was alot better that way.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved