MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/31/2008 06:15 PM

What can i take for gas?

Yary
YaryPosts: 18

I know that with having chron's gas comes right alone with. But what can i take to make it better or not so smelly Sick I take gas x and other gas meds but they dont work. Does garlic pills help?

12/31/2008 11:12 PM
chrissiejb
chrissiejb  

When I have problems with gas I take charcoal tablets. They absorbe the gas and then pass through with a bowel motion. The feaces is balck but that's just the charcoal. I have checked with my gastro and he says they are fine because they just pass through your system. I have been taking them for about 2 years and they are great especially if you are going out and don't want the gas issue to be a problem. Maybe you can check with your DR

02/09/2009 09:25 PM
Yary

awsome i check into that. one question thou where do i get them? are they over the counter?

02/09/2009 10:08 PM
chrissiejb
chrissiejb  

Hi Yary, I'm in Australia and you can just buy them over the counter at any Chemist (not sure what you would call them in the States. Maybe Drug Store?) Also can buy them in any Health Food Shop. Maybe you can also but them online. They have been really great for me so hopefully you will have the same success

02/10/2009 06:52 PM
n7eleven06
n7eleven06  

good luck im still trying to find something that works i think that gas is one of the worse parts of having crohns not only is it smelly and imbarressing... its painful! i keep trying over the counter meds and i havn't found nething that help yet either...

sincerely

Samantha

02/10/2009 10:59 PM
Yary

I know!I'm going to try the charcoal pills thi

Lng see what happens.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved