MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/02/2011 12:03 PM

dont know what to do

Emily09
Emily09  

ive been on remicade since sept and i have been sick with upper resp, strep, sinus issues, scarlet fever, you name it i have it since i started, my crohns got better for about 2 weeks and is now back in full force and yet still my gi wants me to continue the remicade even though i have been non stop sick, and i am not having any relief from the crohns, i feel hopeless, i feel like i am gonna be on antibiotics that dont help for the rest of life

02/04/2011 11:26 PM
chrissiejb
chrissiejb  

Sorry to hear you're so unwell. Maybe it would be worse if you weren't on the drugs hon. It's hard to tell. I was on methtorexate and it took about 4 months before it started working. I know from previous experience that I am of the belief that if the drugs are working even with the side effects that's better than the alternative. Do you like and trust your GI?

02/05/2011 07:12 AM
libit
libit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Emily personally I know my own body after 20 years with this crazy disease. If my GI prescribes something and within a reasonable amount of time it doesn't appear to be working I tell him. I am not about to continue taking any medication for my crohns that I know is not working. If you feel this way and apparently you do then voice your concerns. Do not continue with something that you know is not working. Stand up for yourself and take control. You will never get better taking meds that are not working for you. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

02/05/2011 09:39 AM
flrat69

The replies you're getting are exactly right. No matter how good a doctor may be, he/she does not always get the script right. Pharmaceuticals are so complex and the doctor is frequently counting on your input to let them if a drug is working. Please discuss it with your doctor and remember that there are occasions in which it's advisable to change doctors. Please keep us up dated.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved