MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/19/2012 12:13 PM

Stomach Will Not Stop Hurting!(page 2)

handsome

hi my name is riley(girl not boy) and i also have crohn's disease. im 13. today i havent been able to do anything all day because my stomach hurts so badly. i was wondering have u tried lactaid it is a lactose intolerance milk that tastes just like regular milk. another thing that helps me is NO soda at all it kills my stomach really badly.Sad another thing that helps is no wheat. i have some when im not haveing a flare up and it doesnt really do anything because my stomach is good. and what medicine r u on im on humera and it has really help. i have tried everything and nothing works except that and my usually pentasa and 6mp.

05/19/2012 12:16 PM
handsome

also for the sleeping i always use a loud fan to block out all the noise because i live no a busy street.

05/19/2012 01:32 PM
roxyt
roxyt  

handsome, what you are not realizing is that those foods that hurt your tummy are polysaccharides (multiple sugars). If you really want to find out if your symtoms can disappear you should try the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. Go to www.pecanbread.com. This diets works for a lot of people. Me being one of them. It is absolutely a Godsend! I have been on remission since I started the diet. It's hard at first but them gets really easy.

05/20/2012 05:19 AM
libit
libit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Handsome try keeping a food diary or log of which foods bother you. Each of us differ in what bothers us. Or speak with your GI about the possibilty of seeing a nutritionist. And please do not believe any ad or someone who claims a diet that states a specific diet will cure crohns. Its not there and alot of these diets can be very detrimental to a crohns patient.

Post edited by: libit, at: 05/20/2012 05:20 AM

05/20/2012 03:59 PM
chrissiejb
chrissiejb  

I know if 'm in a flareup a low residue diet does help as the food are very gentle on the digestive system. Hon it's just a matter of finding what works for you

05/20/2012 04:21 PM
sparklep

I find smoothies to be a great way to start the days. I use some protein powder and mix in some spinach and fruit. Since it's all blended it's pretty easy for me to digest.

05/21/2012 04:36 PM
handsome

thanks everyone for your responses and support. my mom and i have both looked into many things. im so glad i finally found a place where i can talk to people who really understand what im going through. when i wrote what i wrote i didnt intend for the focus to look on me instead of erin so im sorry erin for that but thanks everyone for all your help. if i have any problems i know who to ask:>

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved