MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/13/2010 07:07 AM

Urgent Care Last Night...

Mom5
Mom5  

I finally got so weak that my husband made me go to an urgent care clinic - family dr. was closed & no appt. w/ G.I. guy 'til 23rd.

I do *not* have an official Crohn's diagnosis, but if you've read my introductory, "Looking for Answers," you will see that I am a square peg looking for the square hole...

Urgent care doc read the history I had written down & carried along; yay, forethought! Examined me & about killed me prodding my gut. The pain is no longer JUST in my lwr rt side, it has now extended its visit all the way to midline. When he pushed on the LEFT side, it even made the RIGHT side hurt like hell; although nothing like the ACTUAL POKING of the right side. I just want to curl into a ball & I envision myself doing bodily harm to the person whose hands are torturing my guts.

Blood count was within norm: no anemia & no raised white count.

Doc said he was "highly suspicious" of Crohn's, prescribed Prednisone, 20 mg 2xdaily/14 days, to hopefully limp me along to my G.I. appt.

BUT, he did NOT address or do anything to help the EXTREME fatigue/lethargy. Last night, it was too hard to hold my head up. I could not walk unassisted.

He said if I was no better by Monday to go to E.R.

What would YOU do were you wearing my shoes???

03/13/2010 07:46 AM
Mom5
Mom5  

Am having serious -severe, can-NOT-breathe- pain during BM's... Lovely, since I'm having 2-4 of them a day.

Now I'm home alone... Entire family is 2 hrs away; no one to go with me to hospital.

Am going to call the G.I. doc's exchange & see what they have to say.

Thanks, Nick. It is scary thinking about going to hospital alone!!!

03/13/2010 08:06 AM
Mom5
Mom5  

Can you still have BMs if you have a blockage??? 'Cause I am still going like hell. No fever. Not agonizing pain - unless I need to crap, but just ALWAYS THERE & seeming to claim more ground as the days pass.

I am not arguing & I am not dense (usually, LOL), but I don't want to jump the gun & end-up w/ a huge E.R. bill over something that could wait until my G.I. appt.

Wouldn't a blockage cause fever, no poop, & vomiting? I am nauseated if I try to eat, but not too much in between & not to the point of vomiting, though very, very close quite often.

03/13/2010 11:20 AM
LauraHin

I hope everything works out for you.

03/14/2010 05:54 AM
libit
libit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Mom5 Please do as Nick said. Yes you can still have BMs with a blockage. I've had 2 and the pressure and pain on my rectum was unbearable, not to mention the pain in my stomach. The Doctor should have asked you to go the ER as a complete follow up. I hope you're okay.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved