MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/08/2009 08:16 PM

Pain in Right side of chest

LaurieD
LaurieD  

Hi Everyone. I don't believe this is CD related but I am curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this before. I have had a severe pain in the right side of my chest pretty much right where (excuse me for this part gentlemen) breast is and the pain shoots into my back. I have to take shallow breaths because if I try to breathe normal I get a stabbing pain there. The pain is constant but hurts the worst when I take a breath in. Also don't mind me for what I'm about to say next it's the only way I know how to say it but a few minutes ago I belched after taking a drink and where my chest is hurting while I was belching it felt like air was being released into my chest. I've never had this pain before but I've had it since yesterday morning. Any advice on what it might be or what's causing it. Thanks guys.

12/08/2009 09:22 PM
LostinPain
LostinPain  

I have had my gall bladder removed, that is where the pain was before I had it taken out. How bad is the pain? I am sure that it is different for different people, but mine got so bad that I could't even stand up straight. That was after living with it for 7 years though.

12/09/2009 02:13 AM
Corrine04
Corrine04  

ive had my gallbladder removed just over 2 yrs ago n still get the pain ur describing.......it is so very similar 2 gall pain its not funny but in my case it cant b gall pain i dont have a gallbladder anymore ( its up in heaven with my appendix ) anyways......what i thought interesting was ur description of AIR......ur the only other person beasides me who has made reference 2 this, i tell my dr it feels like air in my chest when i get the debilitating stabbing pains in my back which now extend up into my neck.......i tell him its like gallstone pain, with shoulder tip ( trapped air in ur abdo causes this, very common after some surgeries where they pump u full of air 2 look around better ) pain n neck pain now also, he looks at me weird n even weirder when i say i cant stand up through it that i need 2 lay flat on my back n breathe through the pain similar 2 a woman during hard labour, my face goes all red n i sweat a lot 2.......n i usually have a few tears 1 from the pain n 2 from anger n frustration.......so yeah i guess i found ur post interesting based on what u wrote, good luck though hope u get it all sorted n if u do let me know what it is lol

12/09/2009 02:21 AM
Corrine04
Corrine04  

if it is not related 2 CD n is indeed gallstones just so u know with my 1st gall attack i thought i was having a heart attack lol ( but not funny at the time ) i was out shopping with my newest baby aged 6 weeks n my cousin, after a while she drove me 2 the ER but when we pulled up all the pain just dissapeared so i refused 2 go in n wait 10 hrs 2 b seen after all i was feeling good again n was of the opinion if it was a heart attack then it didnt kill me so i was safe lol, i didnt have another attack 4 a few weeks n was also convinced i was having another heart attack, my partner would ring from work n i would tell him ive just had my 4th heart attack n im feeling great lol just so u can relate any of this pain, please dont leave it unattended 2 i suffered so much longer than i should have but i refused 2 get seen till the pain landed me in hospital where they gave ne morphine did a CT found the stones n the tiny little sucker that had lodged itself in my bile duct n sent me straight 2 surgery 2 have it all removed.......so CD related or Gall related or anything else related get it seen 2 sooner than later, take that from me ( life is 1 long lesson right? )

12/09/2009 10:57 AM
LostinPain
LostinPain  

By the time I went to have mine removed, my GB was half full of stones. Corrine is right. You need to have it checked asap.

Corrine, Did you ever try drinking the glass of water when you get the chest and shoulder pain. I was just curious if it works for you too.

Stella

12/09/2009 11:24 AM
LaurieD
LaurieD  

Here is a little update. My mom had a doctor's appt today and we have the same doctor so I went with her and when she was done with my mom I talked to her about the pains I've been having. And she confirmed what you 2 have told me. Gallstones. I have to take my son to her on Tuesday for his 18 months shots so she told me to remind her then to set up the appts for the tests. She wants to do an ultrasound first and if she can't get a good reading from that then she wants to do some other test to see like how much the gallbladder contracts or something like that. It sucks having to deal with this pain til then especially since I can't breathe right. I will let you guys know what she says on Tuesday. Thanks for your help LostinPain and Corrine04. It was really appreciated and very helpful.

12/09/2009 12:29 PM
LostinPain
LostinPain  

Be careful about what you eat until then. Milk even hurt my stomach. Don't eat fried foods for sure. When I was having the pains, I ate one hotdog on a piece of bread and ramen noodles without the flavor packet. Don't eat anything spicy either. It may be different for you, but that is what I ate. Eat small meals too. It is worse if you eat a lot. Good luck. Hugs, Stella

12/10/2009 03:30 AM
Corrine04
Corrine04  

thats all good no need 2 thank us im sure u will help us out in future with something we not sure on Smiledo make sure u follow this through n get the ultrasound done n the other tests, u will tahnk urself 4 it later on......n Stella, no i never tried the drinkin water thing, i usually ( if i could stand on my feet ) hung over the basin 4 the duration splashin cold water on my face 2 get through it, but when pain reoccurs as im sure it will ( have no idea what causes it now ) i will try drinking water.....thanks 4 the tip

12/10/2009 03:33 AM
Corrine04
Corrine04  

n 4 the time been please take note n dont eat ANY fried foods or spicy foods......just trust us on that 1 Smile as natural n healthy as possible, if u can survive on raw vegies n friut 4 a little bit then thats ur best bet, sucks i know but its worth it n avoid PIZZA at all costs its the devils food if u got Gallstones yummy i know but not worth it 4 now

12/10/2009 10:47 AM
LaurieD
LaurieD  

I am gonna try my hardest to stay away from them foods. They are my favorite though but I would rather go without the foods then be in pain anymore. I just have another question. With gallstones does the pain travel or does it just stay in the same spot all the time. Like today I woke up and my chest is not hurting anymore or my back where it was previously. But now I have horrible pain like towards the back on my left side and the left side of my back. I didn't do anything to where it could be like a strained or pulled muscle so I'm just curious if gallstone pain travels or not. Thanks again.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved