MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/09/2011 08:20 AM

costochronditis-will it ever end? Seeking help.(page 2)

Norelief

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely keep it in mind.

11/22/2011 04:34 PM
erinm27

Hi All, I recently recalled another recommendaiton from the doctor so many years back...avoid caffeine. Since I remembered and have been avoiding coffee every morning, I can tell a differnce, switching for Ginger-Lemon Tea (Stash Teas). For the women reading this...I switched to a stretchy, no underwire bra today, what a differnce! Be well...

11/22/2011 09:47 PM
Hadhim

I Have cut down on my caffeine and have notice an improvement. But I have always drunk more Green Tea.

But I do have a question ...... Magnet Therapy???? does anyone have any info??

11/23/2011 04:53 AM
Norelief

Am sorry to say that I don't know anything about magnet therapy. I don't drink much caffeine, but thanks for the information. I am starting to breathe more easily. It has been a slow healing process for me. Good luck in your search for more information and Happy Thanksgiving.

11/23/2011 06:29 PM
cmany
cmany  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Honestly, hadhim...I have heard pretty good things about magnet therapy...If you can get it - I say give it a try...and let us know...

11/23/2011 06:35 PM
Hadhim

I suppose it cant hurt any more than it does! lol Will see what I can find and give it a shot. Will let you guys know when I get it sorted and what happens.

01/20/2012 03:26 PM
Chicagocosto

Hi- I'm new here and am glad to discover this forum. I have had costo since august and it came about from swimming with a friend when we tried to mimic a breaching porpoise. It sounds silly but it felt like I pulled a chest muscle or something and months later I was diagnosed with costochondritis. I am very active and workout 4-5 days a week plus bike, surf, tennis and skiing when weather permits. I have since lightened my weights at the gym and like many of you above I can't do certain exercises. Swimming for me actually makes it worse but I think any exercises where I am twisting hurts it the most. Right now it is bearable, only hurting when I twist. Do any of you think that working out with costochodritis will cause permanent damage. I only do workouts that don't really cause pain while doing them. I've tried resting a week or two and it feels better but then comes back after working out. I start physical therapy this week which should be interesting. Thanks for listening and it helps to know I'm not alone. THIS SUCKS!!

-Todd

03/05/2012 05:17 PM
yelly

Hi Todd,

How are you feeling?? I just read your post and see that it was from January. Are you doing any better now?? I have had costo twice and it does SUCK. The last time I had it was this past August-October and like you I think I got it from swimming and doing stupid things it the pool. I was in TONS of pain for about two months. The first time I got it was about 8 years ago and it lasted 6 months. I hoped it never would return but it did...my pain got so bad I could not exercise anymore except walking. I could not evern drive. This past time The last thing I was taking that I would like to think got rid of it was Mobic which is an anti-inflammatory with Aleve. Everything else they gave me had awful side effects : ( So, if your still having pain maybe ask about Mobic.

Good Luck!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved