MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/27/2008 09:35 PM

im new

nettiel

i have 6 grandchildren,my 3 yr old loves godzilla he has the toys, movies and he loves his migilla as he calls them.he loves to swing,play with his blocks his dad made him his mommy and me grandma he spent yesterday telling all his sisters he loved them and hi big brother which he calls his bubba.i have a great family.Smile

12/28/2008 03:42 AM
maryannerarick1
littlebopeep1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Nettiel, welcome to my group I am glad that you join. I am so sorry that it has taken so long to get back. I have been busy with my family, and the holiday....Need a friend or just want to talk PM me... Maryanne

12/28/2008 05:51 PM
nettiel

oh thatsok it sounds like some of my days.im really going to be busy soon. im looking for a new doctor here in livingston where i live,new medications,my daily exercises which are several,several times aday.so the evening hours are best for me and my time to do what i need to do,im trying to stop smoking and i really need to stop, but its not that simple,im bipolor also,my nerves are bad.but im going to keep trying til i do stop.write again soon.i like reading good books,bible study, prayer and prayer journals,gardening,christian and country music,the oldies music,and good movies. god bless and good luck.nettielTongue

12/28/2008 06:24 PM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi nettiel, Im fairly new too. You are trying to stop smoking too. So am I with little success. I still want to smoke, but know that I should not be. Been using pumps (Symbicort 2x/day & Ventillin when needed). Anyway, my doctor gives me Symbicort for free (samples). Otherwise, very expensive med.

Im also bipolar too. It makes it more difficult to stop. I want to use the nicorette gum and/or inhaler every hr. and patch. Anyway, when I accomplish this, don't know. Hopefully soon.

Also, you stated that you are a christian and that you do bible study. So am I and I do bible study too.

Lorry Wink Sick

Post edited by: Dit, at: 12/28/2008 18:28

12/29/2008 09:34 AM
CarrieUCF84
CarrieUCF84  

Hi there and welcome to the group. I hope you're able to find strength and support here to get through the rough days and hopefully stop smoking. I joined this group right before my mother passed away from COPD. She had been hospitalized for 4 weeks and I came here looking for answers. While I've never been a smoker I can relate being someone who has lost someone to smoking. My mom quit smoking around 15-17 years ago and was diagnosed with emphysema 10 years ago. While obviously there is no cure we were told that quitting smoking did extend her life.

She stopped breathing during my wedding reception and I wasn't able to talk to her again after that night. She was placed on a ventilator and was basically placed in a medically induced coma to keep her comfortable. She was never able to come out of it and eventually her kidneys started failing. While I understand that quitting smoking must be quite difficult, it sounds like you have families that care about you tremendously. If not for yourself, please do it for them.

Best to you and yours during the holidays.

In love and prayer,

Carrie

12/30/2008 04:19 PM
maryannerarick1
littlebopeep1  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Here is something that I think you would like....

Colossians 3:1

Set your hearts

on thing above..

And here is something else that I will put with this.

01/01/2009 04:16 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Nettiel,Dit,Carrie and Maryanne,

Hey viv here> I also suffer from chronic COPD and never smoked a day in my life but lived with my mom and dad for 18 years and they were so here I set with oxygen 24/7 and with permanent damage from bronchitis,pnemonia and they say I also have emphesyma.....I was bitten by a brown recluse spider and it helped to weaken my lung but there are times I wonder would I be this bad if mom and dad hadnt of smokes alot while pregnant with me and my whole life? I will never know that answer but if you can quit please try tooo. It is terrible being like this....I cant even shower without oxygen on. I have also developed MRSA from all the hospital and two nursing home stays in my lungs and so now I have even less breathing room. I am 47 and know I am terminal but if anyone else can stop and get the help in time I would be so happy for you....Hope to talk to you all later feel free to pm me anytime and I am group leader over MRSA so you can also find me there....

Hugs and Blessings,

Viv WQBZ0CAF0FEQWCADHPJGLCA3IHOM4CA4HHH3PCA4CUM7JCAEXAF1OCAPWUH65CAKXJP25CA90KD53CAI0H7GECA917BQNCAUO5S5ECAOGYUXACAQ4041QCA2TUCYXCAFJ2VKHCA36HYKMCAO1V4G4CAB8YWCGJust Keep Hanging In There and Trusting In The Lord and Your Doctors.

Post edited by: mitzigirl, at: 01/01/2009 16:17

01/01/2009 08:02 PM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Happy New Year to you all. Cheerful Hope you all had an ok one. Marianne, thanks for the Bible quote. So soothing to focus on things above.

Mitzigirl, thanks for sharing. Both my parents and siblings smoked when I was growing up too. I became a smoker at 13 yrs old. A heavy smoker at only 15. Now, 30 yrs later, I have breathing problems and get so tired very easily. I dont stop smoking in the near future, I will probably need oxygen. I do have chronic broncitis and doctors have told me I do have COPD. Was told 5 yrs ago to stop smoking. Anyway, I also have bipolar and sleep apnea. I use a c-pap machine at bedtime.

Looking forward to seeing your posts here. Ermm

Post edited by: Dit, at: 01/01/2009 20:04

01/04/2009 08:36 PM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Dit and I hope you will be able to stop smoking in the near future before you have to go on oxygen..It is so awful to have to take it everywhere you go and even have to shower with it...I wish you the best in quitting...I know like any other vice it is truly hard but hopefully you will over come it....I use a bi-pap at night plus my oxygen also so please try to stop before you get to where I am.....

Hugs and Blessings,

Viv 0N46FCAJD8YIYCANEON4UCAKY187RCAYLO7VCCASCITV3CAGGHVRRCA6DDV8SCAO6DTTGCAJUJ0F9CANKVS9LCAADHI21CAOKALARCADYR2DCCAK2I1S7CATYL1KXCAOJ4JHACAHEK4M9CAH2LNXRCAHRMJ3H

Post edited by: mitzigirl, at: 01/04/2009 20:36

05/08/2009 04:24 PM
bull

I,m new also 56% lungs left I,ve been really ill.People say you don,t look sick that is the problem.I,m on o2

and have many res.infections.Glad to find this site.I was down to 36% with the help of meds I,m better but still weak,stay home most of time.Which I hate.

love

kathy

gettting the hang of this site excuse me

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved