MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/16/2012 01:32 PM

double lungs

smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi my frinds, well, itll be short today.. letting u in that as of today i was actively listed for a double transplant. i hve to go see the dentist and eye dr and get an abg. my paper work is already at my insurance comp. so things are moving along and yeaa iam scared but its normal. so iam down for a double but i might only get a single, thats ok too. I dont mind sharing life with someone eles,one is better then none.well trying to absorb it all, get things in order, and deal with ok im dying but iam still so healthy.

how many people can say that one hahahah

well, ok ill try to be here later on tonight, just took me some preds so ill be on a roll now lmao.. have a great day and easy breathing my friends, ohh let me tell u, after tx iam no longer allowed to take the sun. no beach till after 4 pm and use sun block 24 hrs a day 7 days a week, inless im in the house, the rejection meds cause skin cancer which will be invasive.. so thats ok tho, ill be alive and breathing))

05/16/2012 02:06 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

OH JO JO. I am speechless I am holding you in my arms.

Much love, hugs, and prayers River. jojofly Flight into new life

05/16/2012 02:33 PM
floridian
floridian  

Hi Jo, That is so wonderfull!!! I am so happy for you. Thanks for the update. Will continue to keep you in my prayers. I bet your family is estatic!

05/16/2012 03:23 PM
cmorecmore
cmorecmore  

I hope you get a trumpet players lungs.

You deserve 'em

good luck, hope all goes well?

I will expect too hear about you singing in the choir.

cmore

05/16/2012 03:42 PM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Oh Jo that is wonderful news just know u will have lots of prayers and that is the best thing u could have. U will be in good hands and I know u will come through this with flying colors. Love u and make sure when it happens u have someone to keep us posted. Bless you.Smile

05/16/2012 04:32 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hello georgia,fla, river, yeaaa, hot off the press hahaha

iam sure everything will work out for the best, iam alittle scared shi^%$ lmao but its this or nothing right, and iam not goin out w/o fighting so here i go. yea ill have my daughter post or my neice, they will give updates,& iam sure that on facebook my sister wll be posting things as well.W00t hope ur all doing great!! Cool

05/16/2012 11:19 PM
floridian
floridian  

I really am very happy for you! You sound like this will be happening very soon. I thought once they put you on a list, you had to wsit for a donor or something like that. Anyway, the sooner the better. These people do this all the time, so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. You will be good as new before too long! Just don't go forgetting about us!

05/20/2012 03:51 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi florisdian, yea, i wait now for a donor, the saddest part of this now is i can go next week or next yr. you never no when they will call you, can be 3 am,I have 30 min to leave my house, and 2 hrs total to get up there to the tx floor, theres a total of 6 hrs to get the lungs from that donor to you. so the faster the better itll be, I dont no yet how far iam on the list. i have an appt on july 24th, there ill be with my dr a social worker, a nutresenest( spelled wrong ) lol & there i will be told many things on what i can and can not do.so when i no, ill fill you guys all in for sure.I also was told be a lady in my transplant f/b page that b/c I smokked and im copd it can be here 3 yrs b/c they feel you can live with 02.. im gona foind that out as my 02 isnt all that bad,today for instance, I was sooo s o b and yet my 02 was 94, its my lungss. so i hope thats not the case but my dr will tell me, rest asure she dont sugar coat anything lmao so im askig her that too. promise to keep u all updated. xoxox luv u all Smile)

05/20/2012 04:19 PM
floridian
floridian  

Wow, that's mindboggling! Don't they also have to find a match? I sure hope for your sake, and for your family's sake, you won't have to wait long. I wouldn't listen too much to what other people tell you. There's so much misinformation out there! I will continue to keep you in my prayers and hope everything goes well, as it should! You are so deserving of this! Keep thinking positive!

05/20/2012 07:16 PM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Will pray u dont have to wait long.Huggs

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved