MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 02:14 PM

Exersice(page 4)

floridian
floridian  

I got my walk in this morning and tacked on another 10 minutes or so again. I think I'm going to have to start walking earlier in the morning, by the time I got back home[8:11] I was drenched! Next, I did a little yard work to make up for the rest of my daily exercise. To tell you the truth, the dr. told me yesterday after my upper scope to take it easy. He took a bunch more biopsis and my throat is a little sore. We all three got there at the same time to be preped. Although the procedure itself didn't take long, I was the last one in, so I was there all afternoon. They didn't knock me out this time, so I was awake the whole time. I was kind of surprised I layed as still as I did! Anyway, the results will be in next week. I hope everybody didn't workout too hard yesterday! Venus, how cold does it get where you are?

05/08/2012 03:20 PM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Flo

Glad that is over for u and hope results are good. Good going on the walk and yardwork. I got 1/2 mi in today and worked around house and outside rest of day. Gonna call it a day and feed the animals and then settle down and relax and watch tv. Check in back little later.

05/08/2012 10:08 PM
venus
venus  

Flo,

At the moment winter is just starting and the temp in the morning is about 50 degrees, going up to about 70 at midday. In mid-winter July, August the lowest overnight will be about 45 with high of 60. In summer our temp is usually between 80 and 95.

When we do get snow in highest parts of South Africa(once in about 10 years!) it is a BIG occasion! People drive for miles to come and look and it is never heavy falls, just enough to cover the ground a few inches! Yeah, I live in sunny South Africa!

I got up early to do my washing quickly and will then be off to the gym!

Hope you all have an easy breathing day! Hugs!

05/28/2012 07:59 PM
dinkado

I am in the same boat... just don't have the energy to do a lot... I was thinking about the water aerobics but didn't think about the chlorine.. good point.. thanks <3

05/29/2012 02:08 AM
floridian
floridian  

Hi Dink! Do you have a bicycle? I used to ride bike alot when we first moved here to Florida about 14 years ago. I had quit because I took up other things, but I got it back out and really I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I went again last night around the neighborhood. I might start getting braver and riding out on the highway but I worry about my safety alot. I'm sure there's something you can do to get started. Just start slow and work from there. I feel better already!

05/30/2012 03:35 PM
butteryone
butteryone  

Hi all....I havent been around for a while, attempted a couple posts but they disappeared.

Ive had a great summer, no sickness and breathing was great..last FEV had gone down to 40% but it could be worse ..

Winters here in new zealand now so when i go out in the cold it takes my breathe away..i hate that...Im still going to the gym twice a week..20-30 mins on treadmill and 10 on bike, lifting weights..I get breathless but im scared to stop LOL..

On the other days i walk around my paddocks..

I feel a lot better about having COPD than i did this time last year!

05/30/2012 04:40 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

a laugh a day keeps the docs away LMAO YA THINK!!Laughing Laughing

05/30/2012 05:13 PM
floridian
floridian  

Good to hear from you again, Butteryone! We could use some of your cold weather here in Florida. It's been pretty hot! Congratulations on sticking to your workout. I just got back from a 40 minute bike ride. I couldn't go last nite cause of our weather, so I didn't want to miss tonight. Cute Jo, am laughing, hope it works!

05/30/2012 07:43 PM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Wow you guys are all super busy. Can't wait until I start to feel better so I can get back to some good old sweaty exercise. Still getting SOB just walking from room to room. I'll get there one of these days.

05/31/2012 05:44 AM
venus
venus  

I have had a friend from Cape Town visiting from last Friday till today, so haven't been to gym! (good excuse?Blush )

But tomorrow I'm back there, specially since I noticed that I have picked up a couple of pounds! My pulmonologist maintains that fat in the stomach cavity presses against the lungs, so being overweight is a no-no! I'm inclined to agree, because when I eat a really big meal, I get SOB!

Another strange thing, when I'm on the treadmill or exercise bike, I quite often burp a few times. Then I see my pulse rate dropping on the heart rate monitor I wear! Has anybody else had this experience?

We are heading towards late afternoon, but I can wish you all a breathe-easy day!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved