MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/11/2012 06:14 AM

Sunday

vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Good morning. Wow is it nice here in Minnesota for this time of the year. We are looking at 70's for this week which is unheard of. I'm super psyched, just wish I felt just a tad more energetic. Still feel rundown from the crud.

I really hope we get good news about Laura. I miss her wonderful charming conversations. She's has a way of always making me feel like everything will be just fine. Jo hope you are better, and Kim hope your brother is recooping.

I'll be around most of the day doing catch up housework.

SueWink Tongue

03/11/2012 12:25 PM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Glad ur having nice day. It is raining dreary here dont like days like this much. Been just not doing much at all I did get my cabinett cleaned a little where I keep medicines and just u name it its there its always a mess even with 1 person. I am thinking of making chilli its not cold here but it just sounds good today. Hope u get some rest today for tomorrow. LaterSmile

03/11/2012 03:18 PM
sassysue08

hi sue and georgia-good weather for one of you at least.have been feeling a little under the weather not sure if its a virus or not.just runny nose and body aches.I made it thru february feeling well. guess thats a plus, I did get alot accomplished today with my dear friend 02.had the pet scan and they found a uncharitirized area in my left upper lobe now I have to get a biopsy done sometime. always something. I try to stay positive though. have a nice day

03/11/2012 03:51 PM
floridian
floridian  

Hi everyone! Have been busy cleaning our rental house this morning and taking apps. I'm really tired and should sleep well tonight. Hope your biopsy turns out okay sassysue. They did one for me last week. They found scarring on the inside of my abdominal wall. I go in for more labs Tuesday. Like you said "always something". Glad you're finally getting some good weather your way Sue. My husband's brother is not doing well. He couldn't get rid of the flue. Has a very bad heart and also copd. Might have to make trip home.

03/11/2012 07:41 PM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Hi Girls

Sassy I wouldnt be to worried seems like they find some kind of nodule or something on bout all of us I have had to get pet scan but it turned out ok. Will still say some prayers to be on safe side. Best of luckSmile

Flo sorry about ur brother in law hope he pulls through and gets better. Hope ur test also will show good results I will also say a prayer for u. Take care and get some rest.Smile

Post edited by: goopy, at: 03/11/2012 07:44 PM

03/12/2012 04:38 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Sassy, have to agree with Georgia. I had a PET scan done the end of December and now they are following up with a CT scan the end of this month to see if my nodule has grown. They can'rt do a biopsy because my lungs are in to ruff a shape and they think it may collapse. I have been through this before so am not real worried, just a little.

Flo, prayers for your whole family.

Sue

03/12/2012 10:41 AM
sassym
sassym  

I am going to the pulmonary doc today. I want them to do a biopsy of the lymph nodes that were seen on my recent CT scan. I had not had a CT since 2007. At that time no lymph nodes, now there are 15 that they can measure. So yea, I am freaking out! They said to do another CT in 3 months. That is not good enough for me. I want it done now. In my early nursing career I was an oncology nurse, my mother died at age 52 with "oat cell" cancer, my brother in law lived 3 weeks after he was diagnosed as possible cancer by CT scan. I am really trying not to go bonkers! It is just not working very good! I have been told the same thing about danger in doing biopsy, but at that time there were no nodules. Keep me in you hearts. I know that helps. sassym

03/12/2012 02:50 PM
sassysue08

thanks everyone- for the support- its this thursday that I go for the consultation. so thats not too bad. when I had the pet scan I was exhausted slept for hours.My legs are still aching pretty bad but I believe I have a virus.Im knitting another scarf, finished the lilac purple one. then I want to do mittens.Im hoping this place is nothing.I try to stay positive. I thought a pet scan was for detecting cancer? and if they dont know what it is, what is the big deal? I just want to be left alone I guess. Im tired of docs and tests. getting a bad attitude with them. I know I shouldnt. well take care everyone..

03/12/2012 03:43 PM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Bless both of u

Sassy m and Sassys sorry for the worry u are both going through. Sassy m I dont blame u with ur history I would want something now too. Keep both of u in my prayers and pray they find nothing on either test. U know ur both tuff ladies and u can get through this.

03/13/2012 03:50 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

I can relate with both of you. Sometimes it seems like they are looking for reasons to get us back in for all these expensive tests. I have another CT scan the end of the month following my PET scan to see if my nodule has increased in size.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved