MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/09/2012 07:15 AM

prayers for laura once again.

smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi everyone, well as you no laura is back in the hosp. what was soppose to be a day or 2 is now 5 days & her girls told me shes not doing well, very sleepy again, on bipap, when they took her off bipap her breathing got worse, Sad

so yesterday she was on bipap all day.i feel really bad for her girls and her husband. they are lost again, but i think shell be ok, she gota fight,and she is fighting, this is why i call it complicated!! you never no one day to another with this crap.Devil well prayers for our girl..thanx.

as for me had the nurse here, she said my lungs sound better then tuesday, tuesday i had no air goin threw ,today i do, so thats a great sign. og corse i did 2 treatments already b4 she got here so iam sure that helped,i feel tho as if iam gettin a cold to, but my b/p was alittle high for me, it was 139/85.. in the hosp i was higher then that, near 150, normaly iam 120/70. W00t ok well i hope u guys are doin good..thinking of u all. xoxo

03/09/2012 07:43 AM
sassym
sassym  

Praying for Laura too. "I am not a physician" My comments are based on my personal experiences. Yes you know all that, but I just repeat it because I am an RN who has pretty much retired. That being said...glad to see from one day to the next you are better. You are so positive all the time! I "hear" you struggling with this one. I have had the cold feeling for about a week, but here in South Texas the pollen is crazy. I have trouble when the cedar is around, now it seems that the oak is doing a number on me too! My blood pressure does the up, down thing. I have been put on meds, taken off meds so many times I lost count. I do go up when my lungs are acting up. Saw my cardiologist, he said I did not have high blood pressure that required daily meds! It said it was "situational", in the old days we called it "white coat syndrome". You did not have high blood pressure until you saw the white coat of the doctor! I am saying too much! One last question for now. Do you have a meter to check your oxygen at home, and do you check your blood pressure at home? Keeping a log helps me! It also gives you something to show the doctor. sincerely sassym

03/09/2012 08:59 AM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi sassy, thank u very much, so u was a r/n very nice, my daughter is in school for nursing ,also r/n has one more yr to go Smile I do have a meter, with 2 liters its usualy good now its jumping to 99,100 down to 88-90 if walkin, i havent seemn 100 since i was born lmao but as u no to high is just as bad as to low when ur copd.W00t my carbon dioxide was 57 i went on bipap in icu . i see the dr mon, you no sassy, i get depressed b/c of everything i cant do, but i try not to stay there to long, so i change it to something more positive b/c it wont change anything right, so i wana be as happy as i can be if i can lol how are u oing, i hope ur doin good Cool

03/09/2012 09:16 AM
floridian
floridian  

Hi Smokeyjo! Will add Laura to my prayer list! Too bad she's going through such a hard time! Read an article on the internet where smoking was becoming an epidemic with our young people. What a shame! We haven't learned anything. My Dr. put me on "hyzaar" {a combination pill to treat high blood pressure} 3 weeks ago and it has really brought it down. I hate getting started on all this stuff but I'm at the point where I feel I have to listen. Hope you don't come down with a cold! Rachel

03/09/2012 11:58 AM
sassym
sassym  

I am with you on the pills and medicine! I finally had to start taking antidepressants! I still fight them, but I at least try it. If I do not think it is doing good, I tell my doctor. I do not know if it is good or not but I do a lot of research and usually tell him what I want him to order! My family fusses at me saying I need a different doctor. They don't think my PCP is doing me any good if I have to tell him what to do. But that is a whole different story! sincerely sassym

03/09/2012 12:47 PM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Hi Everybody

jo Glad u seem a little better. Hate to hear about Laura sure hope she don't give up. Sassy I take antidepressant and it helps me a lot and finally had to get on b/p med and I fell better all the way around from that that high b/p can make u feel bad too.I will keep Laura in my prayers and u also Jo cause I know u been really sick too. Hang in there maybe u will get them lungs soon.Smile

03/09/2012 07:59 PM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Boy you two just keep taking turns going in and out. So not fair. You are both to nice to be so sick. Take care and I'll keep the prayers going.

03/09/2012 09:35 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi ladies, well its after 12, i cant sleep, and iam soo exausted. i hear laura isnt doin to good,they were askin about dnr,why she didnt have one, her girls said drs said its not looking promising, they think the disease,(copd) got the best of her now.i think the girls were prepared for the worst along with bill her husband, she was doing good too, we spoke everyday, she looked out for me i looked out for her,this is the last thing i expected to happen. its so strange, we never met, we had plans to meet 1/2 way her bill my husband me, in the summer, health permitted Smile we just spoke of that last wk. this disease is reli for the birds. she was feelin reli good, she got a dam cold, a lil cold & look what it did. her daughter says everytime they take her off bipap she cant breath, i wonder if the bipap is makin her lungs addicted to it that w/o it its hurting her more then helpin her!! the man next door from me says he cant sleep one night w/o it. but hes also stage 1 copd with 70% lung function, hes more sleep apnea.well iam really tired, plus my 16 yr old went to the mall tonight at 530-6,i tell him call me when u get there, ..yeaaa ok, i called him 645,no answer,now iam pissed, i fell asleep on my couch till 720 i woke up scared callin him 22 xs. he thought he was big shit didnt wana pick up for me b/c hes with his friends, okkk good, he finally calls me at 745,i was so mad i was yelling, i gave him 30 min to get home by bus. he got home 830 and was grounded for the night and all tomm.no malls for him anymore, hes done... all i kept thinkin was something happen,he never does that. well theres a 1st time for everything right lol.anyway, sue how u been feeling.georgia, u sound very well knock on wood!!rach, hope all is well with u in fla weather lol,ok goin to try and rest up, my husband broght me movies, i have safe house,pay back,man on the ledge,& recall, think ill watch safe house Smile ok so good night guys, breath easy. xoxox

03/10/2012 08:39 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Keep the prayers going for Laura. She has shocked them quite a few times. She has the will, it's just a matter of the desease letting her fight it out. I feel so sad for her and her family.

Jo take care of yourself.

03/10/2012 10:15 AM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi sue.. happy to see u. how u doing.. can u believe i was up till 3 am got up at 830 im still in bed now at 1230,lmao i feel blaaaa today,coughing like crazy.Devil

yea thats what i say, but what u said is what the drs said to her husband, is what the lungs allow her to do, and they dont see her doin much..but i told her daughter this morning to let her no were all pulling for her here, just sad.. who the hell thinks of that reli happening, like i no it can but will it now, i guess yeaa it will. the complicated disease for sure.thats my new name for it lmao complicated.. lmao anyway hope ur ok as welBlink Silly Tongue

Post edited by: smokeyjo, at: 03/10/2012 10:17 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved