MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/03/2012 03:55 AM

Tuesday Morning

vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Good Morning all!!!!!! It sure was nice to have 3 days off, but kind of disgusted with myself that I didn't get more done.

Jo, I hope your dog is OK. Please let us know how everything turned out.

Georgia, I just love the new chair exercises. I feel like I get a little bit more out of those.

My nose is really stuffy this morning. I sure hope I'm not coming down with a cold. We all know what that leads to.

Next week I will have my consultation on my PET scan, on the 10th.

Breathe easy today!!!!!!

Sue

01/03/2012 05:20 AM
goopy
goopy  
Group Leader

Good morning Sue and everyone

It was suppose to get down to 22 last night and for us in Ar that is lowwww I was not ready I hope nothing bursts

Sue don't u go getting sick again this quick if u do we gonna make u quit that job(LOL) Just kidding! I am getting ready to try these new exercises out I am sure I won't be able to keep up to start with but I remember when I started suzannes tape I could barely get through now it does'nt seem like enough.

Have a great day everyone all our long lost members need to start posting again come on now it's a new year let's start it out right.Tongue Love all u guys georgia

01/03/2012 05:39 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Hey Georgia, it's 12 here but it's supose to go back up to 40 by Thursday. This is such a weird winter for us. I remember when I lived In Georgia and we would get those ice storms and it was like the whole city of Athens was shut down. No phone or electric and it was not fun so I hope it warms up for you and doesn't get to cold.

01/04/2012 01:31 AM
goopy
goopy  
Group Leader

Hi Everyone

Smile Hope everyone is warm this morning. Got Doc appointment going back to old place where my old pulmonary Doc was Guess I will have to see nurse practioner but I got mad and fired my Hospice they were treating me like I was already gone could'nt handle them coming in and depressing me more everytime they came. I will wait till I am closer to the end than this!!! Smile I have made it pretty good so far this winter but we have not had much really cold weather. Hope everyone else is doing ok. Awful slow around here looks like it would be buzzing with new years resolutions and such. One of mine is to eat healthier I think I sabotoge my own self by the way I eat. I don't eat much at all during day and then too much from dinner time on to bedtime. Anybody got any resolutions ul be working on this year? Is everyone Ok? Miss yall georgia

01/04/2012 04:27 AM
venus
venus  

Hi Georgia, it is very quiet here lately - wonder if everybody is recovering from their New Year celebrations!

Good that you want to change your eating habits. It is not good to eat a lot of food in the evening; when you lie down with a full stomach there is less room for your poor lungs which are battling enough already!

Also eating in the evening makes you put on weight or are you one of the lucky skinny ones? You don't burn energy whilst sleeping so food turns to fat!

Personally I think that Hospice should only be involved when you know you are on your last legs. A person like you who can still exercise and take care of yourself is not a good candidate.

Keep well, take good care of yourself and tell hospice to come back in 10 year's timeSilly

Love and hugs

Venus

01/04/2012 05:41 AM
goopy
goopy  
Group Leader

Hi Venis

U are right about hospice I asked for it cause I did'nt think I was going to recover from that procedure that went bad. I started getting better and told all of them I could be allright for a while without them but they wanted me to stay on it one of them even had the nerve to say if I got off and had to get right back on they would have to go through admission paper work againSad after this I will be going with different hospice when I do need them.

I find it so hard to eat during the day and be able to do things so I got some pulmocare supplement medicare wont pay for it unless its ur only source of nourishment $54.00 a case of 24 gonna go on line see if I can get it cheaper. I have a lot of co2 retension and this drink is suppose to help with that. It is suppose to have less carbohydrates in it I am also going to do reasearch and see what esle I could use with low carbs. Do have any problem with being sleepy I could lay my head down right now and go to sleep I am sure it's probaly co2 retension.

I hope ur year is starting off right. are u exercising any now what do u do? Oh yea do u know what happened to Denni and since u live there is there anyway to find out? I am thinking the worst.Lord I hope not!!guess I better get my stretching done I did my treadmill 1/2 mile got to work back up. Love ya Georgia

Smile

01/04/2012 06:39 AM
goopy
goopy  
Group Leader

01/04/2012 11:12 AM
venus
venus  

Hi Georgia,

Since my recent illness I haven't been back to the gym yet. I think I need a portable O2 concentrator as my sats nowadays go too low when I use any effort. Been looking around, best seems to be AirSep, which is made in USA.

Problem is the price, just under $6000! Trying to find out about second-hand ones.

As far as Denny is concerned I have no contact. She did mention that she wanted a break as MDJ was taking up too much of her time. I have sent her e-mail but got no reply. She lives about 600 miles from me and I don't know her address or phone number.

Keep well,

Venus

01/04/2012 06:30 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi ladies, hope u both are feeling good, venus nice to see u here, hope ur feelin better, me to i havent been to the gym since b4 xmas way b4 but i also have to get going,W00t i do try to do lil things at home tho.every little bit helps right. Cheerful Whistling

have u sen lauras facebook she wrote there today,shes doin good,shell be home soon, now at least she sounds so strong.well feel good ladies. talk to u later

01/04/2012 06:37 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hey sue, hes doin ok , hes so big and with the cone on hes knockin everything over off the tables,holy crap,W00t W00t my daughter pt out a sheet for him to lay on, she had the house nice and quite hahaha she even had cartoons on for him LMAOLMAO so last night jimmy got home it was late i was sick on the couch, he said rambo is bleedin put on the light, wow he had blood everywhere, turns out he tore a stiches, and had t go back home and itll be the longest 14 days in my life Silly

thanks for askin sue, how u feelin, i feel like crap today but better today then yesterday.waiting on springUnsure Pinch

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved