MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/23/2011 03:59 PM

avelox

sassysue08

my cold is alot better,with 2 doses of avelox. but I have been reading alot of bad reports about. alot of side effects. and alot of people have taken and had no symptoms then all of a sudden start to have symptoms.I have been on alot for the last 2 years.also leviquin,has anyone researched these meds?

11/23/2011 04:34 PM
butteryone
butteryone  

I guess it all depends on what they have tried before this and hasnt worked...look how bad prednisone is and we have NO choice but to use it when we need it...

I know that avelox is in the same family as levaquin and cipro..

Before taking Avelox

You should not use Avelox if you have a history of myasthenia gravis, or if you are allergic to moxifloxacin or similar antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), gemifloxacin (Factive), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxacin (Floxin), norfloxacin (Noroxin), and others.

To make sure you can safely take Avelox, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:

•a history of allergic reaction to an antibiotic;

•heart rhythm disorder, especially if you take quinidine (Quin-G), disopyramide (Norpace), bretylium (Bretylol), procainamide (Pronestyl, Procan SR), amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), or sotalol (Betapace);

•joint problems;

•kidney or liver disease, cirrhosis;

•epilepsy or a history of seizures;

•muscle weakness or trouble breathing;

•low levels of potassium in your blood (hypokalemia); or

•a personal or family history of "Long QT syndrome."

Some things we seem to have to just take the risks...i get scared sometimes but its worse to be SOB and in hospital with pneumonia...

Glad your feeling better Smile

11/23/2011 10:47 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

i just took alvolox nov 4th to be exact. 5 days worth, it did nada for me, now iam on levaquin 500, its workin but omg i get such bad pais in my legs at night its bad. it bothers my stomach too. and im on 40 mgs of preds to, ohh yeaa my family just loves me right about now LMAOLMAO

12/03/2011 02:14 PM
sassysue08

avelox seems to work for me so far. I dont take prednisone very often,dct doesnt believe in it.except for when Im really bad. my g/f just got diagnosed with copd and is still smoking and is on prednisone 24/7 and alot of inhalers,more than I take. My copd is severe not sure what stage hers is at.I see a pulmo dr 12/16 and hope I dont have a cold on the 12th as I am having pfts done and wont be able to have them. somedays I just feel like if I hadnt smoked I wouldnt be in this predicament. its very depressing your isolated alot as I cant keep up with friends like shopping things like that. I go alone and take my time if Im out of breath I stop and look at things. I could never speed walk thru the mall.Sad

12/03/2011 03:44 PM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

I know what you mean about going at your own pace. If you just explain to your friends, I have found most of them to be really understanding. We all look pretty normal on the outside so if we don't give them a few lessons on COPD, most of them will never know how it affects us.

Don't waste your time beating yourself up about the smoking. We all know why we have this and we can't go back but we can move forward.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved