MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/21/2011 06:47 AM

Good Monday Morning

vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Yes, I'm kicken and screaming, but it could be worse. Went to urgent care yesterday, and now I have pneumonia again. I thought when I got that shot I wouldn't get it any more, wrong!!!!!! They gave me Levaquin and said to come back in 3 days and see my regular Dr. Here all this time I thought it had something to do with my surgery.

I suppose everyone is busy busy getting ready for Turkey day. We are just having a few things cuz I'm not up to cooking a big huge meal and my husband only knows how to make sloppy joes.

Have a good day all.

Sue

11/21/2011 08:51 AM
PAGIRL48

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear about the pneumonia Sad My dad is just getting over pneumonia - they prescribed Levaquin and he's doing really good. Hope it works as good for you as it did for him.

Hey, I haven't had a decent sloppy joe in years. I want potato chips on mine Smile

You could do Thanksgiving our way: a couple of thick slices of turkey breast from the deli, canned or gravy from a mix, canned cranberry sauce, and a microwaved sweet potato - and a veggie. It is easy - and is a temporary fix until the next holiday. Your feet will appreciate it too.

Just get better.

Love and hugs,

Gail

11/21/2011 09:20 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Thats pretty much what I'm doing. Without my DIL this year, I'm so sad and that's not what Thanksgiving is suppose to be about. The only thing that will go in the oven will be my roasted veggies and the dinner rolls. The rest I can nuke. I found some really good potato casserole like the one I make, that you can either cook in the oven or nuke it, same with the turkey and gravy. I might have my husband pick up a french silk pie from Bakers Square too.

11/21/2011 10:46 AM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Sue if u like dressing u can usually order it from ur grocery and they make it kinda homemade!

11/21/2011 11:48 AM
butteryone
butteryone  

Hi Sue...I hope you feel better soon and the meds kick in quickly..

Your thanksgiving dinner sounds yummy to me..even the short cut way Smile

Umm..Whats a silk pie?

11/21/2011 11:53 AM
sassysue08

Sue I have never heard of that med they gave you for pneumonia is it a antibiotic, I fear lots of times that I have pneumonia and get over it on my own with antibiotics when I get the sniffles or I get cold outside I have pain in my lower lung area which I dont understand. My g/f went to the new pulmo in our area and she is really supportive ,yeah!!! and the dc gave g/f more inhalers to use,spirvia is one and a breathing test and bloodwork so guess I will know what to expect when I go. except g/f is still smoking and is not on 02 it stays up.wish mine would Sad

11/21/2011 03:17 PM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

OMG, now the clinic called me and said I don't have pneumonia but my white count is way up so there is an infection. Mow they want me to schedule another CT scan. I just had one 5 weeks ago but they must have only done my stomach.

Really getting tired of feeling like crap!!!!!

Oh, French Silk Pie is Chocolate pie with a thick layer of whip cream with huge Chocolate curls all over the top.

Post edited by: vikingfan, at: 11/21/2011 03:18 PM

11/23/2011 06:38 AM
PAGIRL48

Hi Sue,

Yum! Chocolate silk pie. Just thinking about it should be enough to make most people feel better.

I'm sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. I hope they get to the bottom of this. There is a part of me that feels this is still left over from your appendix rupturing. I have never heard of anyone recuperating from it as quickly as you appeared to have. Please don't over do it.

Just want to hear that you are back to yourself again soon.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Gail

11/23/2011 03:19 PM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Hi Gail,

Well I went to work today but only lasted 2 1/2 hours. I was glad to see that you think I recuperated to quick. I thought it would only take a couple of weeks. It will be 6 weeks Sat. I think it all stems from the surgery too but no one seems to listen to me. I hope you are right and I'm just pushing to hard to fast.

And my Vikings (Viqueens) aren't even helping me. At least they could win a game once in a while.

11/29/2011 06:47 AM
PAGIRL48

Hi Sue,

Just coming back after about several days of working - so I may find out as I catch up that you are doing better. I hope so.

Just a thought - have you checked any of the medical sites to read about ruptured appendix?

I just remember that every time I have heard of an appendix rupturing (or anything else internally) that the person was lucky to have lived, was on antibiotics to destroy the infection that went seeping or racing through their body and wasn't back to normal for at least three months. While I understand why doctors don't want to give too many antibiotics these days - in some cases - I am thinking they don't give enough. They give the lowest amount - the patient takes it all - feels better - but there wasn't enough antibiotic to wipe the illness out completely and it comes back again - and then one has to go back to the doctor and start all over again. One can only hope that the doctor recognizes that it may be the same problem instead of going off in a new direction.

Are you taking anything like Ensure or Boost to build you up a bit?

I just want you to get through this - you have enough to deal with. Looking forward to seeing you back to your usual self.

Take it easy, rest, and breathe easy.

Love and hugs,

Gail

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved