MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/19/2011 06:06 PM

prays for laura.(page 2)

smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi georgia,river, well they are still waiting for her to go in as of an hr ago.her daughter said they ran into emergencys so she was pushed to tonight, iam sure shes in there by now.shes been sedated since saturday.as soon as i hear, ill come back to post it,

10/19/2011 11:22 PM
PAGIRL48

Hi everyone,

It sounds like Laura has diverticulosis - which when it is inflamed or there is an infection - is called diverticulitis. It is a condition where little pouches form along the insides if the intestines and the colon. It can become very bad, burst and peritonitis can set in. My sister had it - and the surgery. It took a while but she is fine now. Laura does need lots of prayers.

When Sue said she had a pain in her left side - I was wondering if it was in the abdomen - and the first thing I thought of was diverticulitis. of course, not knowing where the pain was - who knows. We just have to say lots of prayers.

A builder I was working with - disappeared for more than three weeks - it seems he had an attack of diverticulitis and his intesine burst and he was in the hospital all that time.

It's fairly common.

I'm saying prayers for Laura & Sue and all the rest of you, my buddies. Please breathe easily and sleep well.

Love and hugs,

Gail

10/20/2011 12:20 AM
goopy
goopy  
Group Leader

Thanks Jo!!!

10/20/2011 02:09 AM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Joamme, Gail, and Georgia,

Thanks for the info on Laura, continuing to pray for her and her daughters.

I am axious for her to get through this surgery.

Lots of prayers for Sue too.

Gail how is hubby?

Much love and prayers for all of you too.

River

10/20/2011 03:31 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Oh poor Laura. Yes that is extrememly painful. My Mother had it and was forced to bed every time she had an attack. Hopefully the surgery will avoid the attacks.

10/20/2011 05:27 AM
goopy
goopy  
Group Leader

Girl

Where have u been had me worried sick. Are u ok. We are trying to work it so everyone has a person assigned to come on here and tell us if one of us is extremely sick so try to think of somebody. I am sooooo happy to see your face my friend. You got to last as long as I do cause we in this together(haha).

10/20/2011 08:38 AM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

omg sueeeeeeeeeee..thank god. where have u been...u had ua worried sick..are u ok

10/20/2011 08:42 AM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

good morning. just recieved an email from lauras daughter. she made it threw the surgery last night but as of this morning, her daughter wrote me that her kidneys and liver shut down, shes in very critical care. her body is breaking down. when i no more ill be back.

10/20/2011 08:57 AM
goopy
goopy  
Group Leader

Thanks so much Jo I'll keep praying. Did u see Sue came home she has also been in hospital with appendix problems.

10/20/2011 09:15 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Appendix is nothing compared to Laura. We all need to pray really really hard. When your organs shut down, that's signs of the end. Please dear God, let her come out of this. We all need her very much.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved