MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/29/2011 04:12 AM

Morning Coffee

vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Hey I thought I would start a new thread where everyone could at least say they are still alive and kicken (maybe not such high kicks anymore).

I already got a call from the store saying that the gas prices changed so I have to hurry now so won't get to catch up with everyones posts.

I had a good breathing day yesterday for a change. Makes my day a whole lot easier when this happens. Got my new pressure to work finally and made some dynamite vegetable beef soup. OMG it tastes so much better out of there. Very Rich and flavorful. Reminds me of my Grandmas.

Well I hope everyone has a good day and Georgia, hope you are taking care of your crud.

Sue

06/29/2011 05:27 AM
goopy
goopy  
Group Leader

Sue

i am trying to take care of it. antibiotics ,tussin, lots of water cant eat much at all if I get a ensure and a little soup down all day I am doing good I tried eating a snowball cake last night made my stomach better stick with soup and ensure.I know the ensure and milk are not good for mucous but I got to keep my str up a little so I just have to deal with it. Ithink that is a very good idea about the thread to check in each day. Hope u have a great day the weather probaly had a lot to do with ur good breathing day I know we got a good rain and it got a lot cooler here at least for a day or two. Ok go get em girl!!! huggs

06/29/2011 07:12 AM
TeriM
TeriM  

Hi Sue

Happy to hear you had a good air day... Rainy and cold here today I think we might get to 60 today...maybe I know many would like this weather..but when you have it day after day well it just doesn't give the lungs a chance to dry out. I think my lungs are full of mold not mucus...lol

Hope everyone has a great air day....

Teri

06/30/2011 02:28 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Hello on this fine Wednesday morning. Going in early today for the dreaded inventory. My computer at work lost a whole days worth of info so my inventory will be all screwed up. Gotta love computers huh?

Not much news in my corner of the world. Teri, I totally understand about the cool weather, I get sick of it really fast especially in the summer. It's suppose to get super hot here starting tomorrow. We will see what happens.

So far so good with my breathing this morning. How bout you?

Sue

06/30/2011 07:37 AM
PAGIRL48

Good morning,

Need some extra prayers today due to wild fire. We haven't been affected by the smoke at all because we were downwind of it. The smell of smoke was so bad when I woke up I thought there might be fire starting somewhere in our home. My eyes are burning. I checked the whole inside of the house and then went outside - it's like fog. I got back inside and checked the TV and that's when I learned the wind had changed direction and the smoke is affecting out area. I am concerned about how it will affect my hubby's COPD. He woke up at the smell of the smoke but has gone back to sleep. Our home isn't in danger or anything - just not a good breathing day for anyone in our area.

Wishing all of you a good breathing day and a good holiday weekend coming up.

Love, gentle hugs and prayers,

Gail

06/30/2011 05:53 PM
goopy
goopy  
Group Leader

I am so sorry for u sounds horrible that really can cause a resp pt to get sick. Got any air cleaners? have him do some updrafts if he starts getting bad. and just watch him and if he starts having I would just either call amb or take him in. Hoping the best will happen for yall. hang in there. keep us posted I will be praying. Huge huggs!!

Post edited by: goopy, at: 06/30/2011 05:55 PM

07/01/2011 04:30 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

I am having all kinds of computer problems. Hope no one else has these. I will be here as soon as I get these bugs out of here. Everytime I try to enlarge the text, advertisement comes and goes on top of the posts so you can't read them. No place to close them either. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sue

07/01/2011 06:58 AM
TeriM
TeriM  

Good Morning Sue

I hate computer problems mostly the ones I didn't create lol. I hope you get rid of them bugs. Other than than I hope all is going well. Today is a okay air day for me. A bit congested but I think that is because I was in the City yesterday.

Hope everyone have a great air day and stay away from all the fireworks. Yesterday I could smell all that sulfer from the firework stands...yuk!

Breathe easy

Teri

07/01/2011 07:16 AM
PAGIRL48

Good morning everyone,

We made it through the smoke yesterday - and have another day of smoke advisories. Strange but good - it didn't seem to bother my hubby as much as it bothered me. Smells like our house is on fire again today. Looks like heavy fog outside.

I wasn't the only one caught off guard by the wind changing direction and bringing all the smoke our way - lots of people calling 9-1-1.

They are predicting it will be like this for the next several days due to weather conditions. They are telling people with asthma and COPD to stay inside.

wishing you all a happy fourth of July weekend with good breathing days.

Gail

07/01/2011 08:11 AM
TeriM
TeriM  

Hi Gail,

Yes staying inside is the best. I hope the winds change directions for you and your Hubby. Must be awful to see all that smoke and worrying about the effects.

hoping for easy breathing

Teri

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved