MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/12/2011 09:36 AM

Getting ready for rehab

meemame1
meemame1  

I have my Pulmonary Rehab evaluation today!!! I am a bit nervous not knowing what to expect but I am excited at the same time!! My appointment is not until 2:00 (3 1/2 hours from now) and I have to start getting ready now!!!! Wink You all know how that is huh?? "I figure do a little bit then rest and then do a bit more and then I might, just might be ready on time..lolLaughing

I am hoping to get some good advice from this as well as some good exercise tips on what i will be able to do, and what I should avoid due to my bad back..Dizzy

Either way it is gonna be a positive experience for me!! So I am wishing you all a great day and hope you all have easy breathing!!!

Hugs and good wishes to ya

Laura

P.S. I will fill you all in later on how this went!!!

04/12/2011 11:21 AM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello, I will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers. HUGS River

04/12/2011 02:31 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

how did it go to laura, i got my call also,i sent u a message in ur inbox. hope ur ok didnt see u on at all today or ur celerbrating Smile))))

04/12/2011 03:50 PM
meemame1
meemame1  

Well I made it through!!! Yay!! I was a bit nervous not knowing what to expect and then I saw that Joanne said she was going for the 6 minute walk and I was terrified!!! I thought I would pass out for sure!! Well I did the 6 minute walk and did it well!!! LOL... I am def gonna like this rehab thing for sure!!! I start next Tuesday and it will be every Tuesday and Thursday for 12 weeks!!!!! I really think it will do me a world of good... Lots of things to learn, and I am actually excited about it!!W00t I am sooooo hoping it helps me lose a "little" bit of weight!!Silly I have gained "just a little bit" since i have quit smoking, but it is so worth it!!! I love that I don't have that "odor" anymoreSick

Anyway at rehab they teach ya different breathing techniques, to help with the short of breath and to relax ya!! This can't be anything but a good and positive thing for me huh?? Oh Yeah they really took into consideration my bad back issues and are working in an exercise program that may help me with that too!!

Well thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes for this!!!!Grin

Maybe with this new adventure I will find the perfect new normal for me!!!!!Cool

Well have a great evening/night/day

Easy Breathing for ya'll

Lots of love and hugs

Laura

Post edited by: meemame1, at: 04/12/2011 03:51 PM

04/12/2011 03:58 PM
River
River  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am so happy this was a positive day for you. I will continue to keep you in thoughts as you progress with your rehab. HUGS River

04/12/2011 06:48 PM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Memame glad it was a good experience for you and hoping it will help a lot. sleep well.

04/12/2011 10:02 PM
mem7506

Laura & Joanne! I sooo happy for both of you that your rehab assessment went so well. It's also great news that they're going to help you with your bad back problems! I can see you are hyped up about starting rehab - heheheh, the new normal you is already showing in your sunny smile!

Anyway girls, you both gotta teach us now how to do things that will help us find new ways to live with this crappy disease, OK? I think we all need to feel "normal" again! LOL Grin

OK girls, go out and celebrate an knock back a couple to toots for me too!

Enjoy a great day, keep smiling and stay on top of the heap! Good luck to ya both!

Dennie Silly

04/13/2011 05:01 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

WTG you guys.

Please share what you learn at rehab like Denny says. I'm gonna ask the new pulmo Dr. if I can go.

04/13/2011 08:34 AM
meemame1
meemame1  

Thanks you guys!!! I will for sure share anything and everything with you guys!!!!Wink I got a bunch of paperwork to look through and as i do, I will be sharing!! You guys will probably be telling me to be quiet already!!lolLaughing

Anyway I am looking forward to it and I am the youngest one there so maybe I can help some of them too huh??

There was one part that was just awful though, it is called the SCALE!!!! OMG!!! LOL Wow do I have to do something soon before I blow up, (from anger and fear)haha They told me not to be so hard on myself about it, cause I did quit smoking which adds pounds, and the meds I am and was on make you hold water weight so that helped me a little bit but still!!! Yikes... Maybe the getting active in the rehab will help?? I sure hope so..

Well you guys have a great day and easy breathing to ya!!!!Cheerful

P.S. I forgot to tell you guys that this rehab is having an outing on a Cruise ship on Lake Michigan in Chicago!!! It is a buffet lunch cruise for the patient and their caregivers!! It includes the buffet lunch, transportation from the hospital, and SUPPLEMENTAL OXYGEN!!!! That is awesome that they supply the oxygen for the day!!! All this for only $35.00 per person...Cool huh?? What do ya think, should I go??

LauraSilly

Post edited by: meemame1, at: 04/13/2011 01:22 PM

04/14/2011 12:21 AM
venus
venus  

Gee Laura, aren't you a lucky fish! Going on a cruise with everything supplied, even O2!!! Wish the health authorities in this country would catch a wake-up call! Angry All they are interested in treating is AIDS.

Don't worry too much about the dreaded SCALE, weight is like age, just another number. Unless you are so overweight that it interferes with your breathing, a few extra pounds are no major issue.Laughing

I think you are really going to enjoy rehab, if it starts off so well, who knows what other surprises you will get?

Enjoy every minute and the best is that it is GOOD for you!Silly

Easy breathing today

Venus

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved