MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/08/2011 04:54 AM

Father passed with COPD

sherymiller1
sherymiller1  

October this past year my father passed away from COPD. I have been a nurse for so many years and no one needed to tell me 10 years ago when he was diagnosed that this would be a tough thing. He had a strong will to live and kept up the fight for 10 years. I support those of you who are suffering with COPD!

03/08/2011 05:14 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Thanks so much for your support and my deepest sympathy on your Dad passing.

I know what it is like to have a sick child. It is a helpless feeling. You want to take there place so bad but.....

Again thanks for posting.

Sue

03/08/2011 05:53 AM
sherymiller1
sherymiller1  

Thanks so much Gosh I sure miss him, as a nurse of 20 years I have to say he made a good fight, and lived with this for 10 years COPD persons need so much more help and support than people realize! Thanks for the kind words. Shery

03/08/2011 08:02 AM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

Thank you that is so sweet of you to reach out to us, I can tell you are a special person i am also truly sorry for your loss. Feel welcome anytime. Georgia

03/08/2011 05:21 PM
smokeyjo
smokeyjo  

hi, iam so sorry to hear about ur loss of ur dad. I just lost my mother also in aug of 2010,copd/lung cancer, nobody hada tell me eaither how ruff this would be, my mother was told 15 yrs ago,quit smokin on the spot and cancer took her life in 6 wks.I find this is the hardest thing i ever hada deal with in my life, I think of her 24/7, i miss her as if this happen yesterday, but just know ur dad is very proud of u b/c u sound like a very sweet person, ill say a pray for ur dad and one 4 u for strength. i see ur a nurse, my daughter helped take care of my mom, on my moms last day,she had a episode where she choked on her phlem,thats the day my daughter relized she reli wanted to be a nurse, today shes in college,nursing, in honor of my mother, just wrote an eassay for school,on my mom and cancer, u no she won 100 bucks,an award and itll be published in may, u hang in there and stay strong.

03/09/2011 02:04 AM
mem7506

Hello Shery. Welcome to our group and please accept my condolances for the sad loss of your father. I'm sure you were a sourse of great comfort to him throughout his illness.

We truly sure appreciate your kind support with this disease and look forward to hearing from you again, so please feel free to join with our discussions.

Hugs and smiles

Dennie

03/09/2011 04:38 AM
sherymiller1
sherymiller1  

Thanks so much! I wish everyone had a chance to know him he was so determined. COPD needs so many more our there supporting this disease. Thanks again! Shery

03/09/2011 04:56 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Sherry,

Being a nurse, you could help someone out by referring them to this site. We would be grateful for new members and I am sure they would appreciate your help.

Just a thought.

Sue

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved