MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/28/2010 05:31 AM

A healthier you

vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

I saw this thread on my obesity group and thought maybe this would be a good one for us.

Today, I'm staying home and trying to take care of me instead of dragging myself in sub below temps to work. I know this will back me up tomorrow, but, I don't care. Sometimes you just have to take care of yourself.

I am still battling with a resp. viral thingy and can't seem to shake it.

What are you doing to take care of yourself today?

01/28/2010 10:04 AM
ray2135

Hi Sue

Just got back from the hospital. Had a good session of physical therapy for a frozen shoulder. And went to the gym for about any hour on the way home. Did 30 minutes of cardio and about 30 minutes of different machines.

I feel really good right now.

Big Hug, Raoul

Sorry you are not feeling so hot.

01/28/2010 10:16 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

What's frozen shoulder? Is that like bursidous? Sounds horrible but the therapy must have worked if you were able to do so much at the gym.

Thanks for responding. I'm starting to think that people are backing off from the COPD site. Maybe it's me. Either that or everyone feels like crap like me. LOL

01/28/2010 10:28 AM
ray2135

Hi Sue

It is definately not you - but might be me.

A frozen shoulder is a shoulder that does not allow you ful range of motion.

SOmetimes things just get slow for a while.

01/29/2010 11:40 AM
lorraine02
lorraine02  

I would like to participate more - but haven't noticed

others too much.

I went through a real downer a couple weeks ago, then ended up in the hospital unable to get that breath. I have felt so good since I came out! This COPD has such an effect on my moods and I should know by now that when I am feeling down emotionally as well as physically, that I am getting sick. The prednisone given IV in the hospital does such miracles for me, but it is not something that is good for the body. There seems to be that brick wall in so many phases of COPD.

I check the messages often, and maybe I can help someone with info from my experience and vice versa. Sue, I do not know how you all handle the bitter cold.

Hope you feel better

Lorraine02

01/30/2010 06:57 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Hi Lorraine,

I know what you mean about your mood affecting your health. When you have a desease like this, I think it's easy to fall into the pity party mode. I really try hard not to go there, but sometimes COPD likes to run my life instead of me having the upper hand.

I'm so glad you posted. It gets pretty lonely with no one to talk to on here.

Yes, the weather sucks here but they say we are going to have a warming trend coming in next week. Boy, I hope they got that one right.

Sue

01/30/2010 08:04 AM
ray2135

Hi Hi

I will talk to you....

Oh - and we are having a really fun snowball fight over in the depression support group. You are welcome.

Perhaps you might want to have a socker bopper party here - since snow is too cold for you all. Splat!

Over there they are also having a few other fun things to keep them out of trouble - word for the day; mood for the day; etc.

Big Hugs,

Raoul

01/30/2010 08:27 AM
goopy
goopy  
VIP Member

hi sorry i havent been posting. i guess i havent been to motivated. been having a little chest pain not the heart kind but lung kind.that is how my husbands cancer started. i am probaly just paranoid. oh well what ever happens im ready for it be it good or bad.sorry about your hospital stay tell me why you are still working seems like you should be on disability sue? or is it your choice? glad you are doing good raoul.i have been exercising this week though. good to hear from everyone. sending lots encouragement to all georgia

01/30/2010 08:42 AM
ray2135

Hi Georgia

Hope you are feeling better.

Big gentle Hugs, Raoul

01/30/2010 09:05 AM
vikingfan
vikingfan  
Group Leader

Goopy,

Great to hear from you. I get that chest pain when I am having respitory problems. I work because I still can even though some days are really really hard. I'm afraid that if I were at home, I would get fatter and lazier LOL. I get sucked into those reality shows like housewives of Orange County.

Please don't worry about posting when you are in down in the dumps. I think all of us can relate to that. We all get down with good reason. I think it really helps to share feelings. Sometimes something someone says just turns into one of those light bulb moments.

Sue

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved