MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/17/2013 08:16 AM

Reactive Airway Disease?

dancerinjade

Hi everyone,

So about a month ago I started having trouble breathing, like I couldn't get a good deep breath, and that's led to the last few weeks of doctor's appointments. At first I went to an urgent care and I was diagnosed with bronchitis. After 5 days of prednisone and an albuterol inhaler, I wasn't feeling too much better so I went to an asthma and allergy doctor. They gave me a breathing test, came back pretty normal (they said there was a small obstruction still), but basically they said I don't have asthma. A couple days later I still didn't feel great so I went to a family doctor and he told me I have Reactive Airway Disease. He put me on 10 days of prednisone, symbicort, and an antibiotic to prevent a secondary infection. I finished that 10 day course of medicine and my lungs still feel tight sometimes, but I can breathe better.

Has anybody ever heard of Reactive Airway Disease before? Is this something I will always have? My doctor said it is probably triggered by allergies but I have taken Allegra every day for the past 2 years. I'm so anxious and depressed right now about having this forever or what could have even caused it in the first place. Thank you everyone for any help or support!

06/17/2013 09:55 AM
cittycat

I just googled Reactive Airway Disease. There are many articles on it. Go there are read. It will help you with your questions.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved