MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/11/2012 09:17 AM

COPD and back pain

eaglesfly1

Hello all. I just wanted to ask if any of you have back pain with the COPD. Some days my back hurts so bad under the rib area that I can't stand to sit or lay down. I use the heating pad all of the time and that seems to be the only thing that helps. Hope you are all having a good breathing day. Hugs to all!

10/11/2012 02:00 PM
Katesgirl
Katesgirl  

Yes I do get the kind of back pain you describe. Sometimes I am able to work it out with upper body exercises. It's a bummer.

10/11/2012 05:46 PM
eaglesfly1

Thanks for your response. What type of exercises do you do? I am just about to the point of trying anything to get rid of this pain.I've used my heating pad so much that I had to buy a new one on Sunday.

10/12/2012 12:26 AM
mitzigirl
mitzigirl  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Eagles I get it too and esp. sitting in the wheelchair we do upper body exercises like putting my arms over my head and stretching. Reaching in front of me and extending arms with stretches. I use 1 lbs weight to do these. And remember to take good deep breaths as the pulmanologist thearpists tells me smell the roses blow out the candles as I do these. Sometimes the deep breathing will help alleviate that pain too. I use a heating pad too you just got to be sure not to damage your nerves from too much heat if you use it alot!

10/12/2012 09:31 AM
eaglesfly1

I will have to try the weights. I use to have a set of little barbells around here somewhere. Hope you are feeling better? many hugs

10/14/2012 08:20 PM
butteryone
butteryone  

Yes i get that pain too...physio has helped a lot but it never really goes away, it just feels like sore lungs :<

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved